6.03.2011

34 Feels Good

Weekend birthdays are the best. They can go on and on.
And mine did.  Scott had scheduled me for a massage on Thursday.
My kids had been working out my sore leg muscles with a rolling pin, so this was a high class treat.
It was a bit painful, but for a good cause.

Then on Friday I went "hiking" with Ging.  I had wanted to hike part of Timp or
possibly Stewart Falls.  Unfortunately both trails were snowy and so we hiked the foothills
by Ginger's house.  It was a beautiful walk with great company. We had smoothies afterwards.





Comment
Friday afternoon Scott took me to the new Pirates movie. I'm not a big movie buff, but I find the Pirate movies entertaining and it was just that. It was nice to get away together in the middle of the afternoon and eat a large popcorn for lunch.

Saturday was the actual day of my birth. (Thanks Mom.)
I got up early and met Terri for breakfast at Communal.
We had my birthday lunch there last year and I've been eyeing their breakfast menu for months.
Terri arrived with a pink polka-dotted balloon in hand dressed for the temple.
We shared a delicious breakfast of lemon crepes with creme fraiche, drinking chocolate, a giant biscuit with raspberry and strawberry jam, and the house omlette with home fries.
Oh mama.  You just savored each bite.  It was wonderful.
When we finished we drove around and found Britney's apartment and tracked her down at work.
We pulled into the MTC on her lunch break and chatted for a bit.



At home Binh and Joe had come to visit with their friend Bachel.  They brought a giant Costco chocolate cake, and the children all sang.  That evening Scotty and I went out with 3 neighbor couples.  I laughed so much my cheeks were sore.  It was such a great time.


On top of all that I got cards in the mail, well-wishes online, and phone calls with singing and promises of slobbery kisses.

What a fantastic 34th Birthday.  I wish each year was like this. I loved having time to connect with people individually doing things I loved.

My Mom has a journal entry from the day I was born.  I was not an easy delivery ( little did she know that was a sign of things to come).  Mom has heart problems and things were not going well with her heart during my delivery.  In a panic I was delivered with forceps and still have those scars on my face.  Mom was  not able to hold me as they were carefully watching her heart.  She continued to ask for her baby knowing this would make her feel better.  They finally obliged.  Having had children of my own I am so thankful to my own Mother for her sacrifice in getting me to this earth.

7 comments:

the Wilcox Family said...

Good times! I'm glad I was able to laugh with you on your birthday. Let's do it again, but not just on birthdays. . .

Jen said...

I luv ya! You look gorgeous in your birthday photo by the way! I wish i had been there but it looks like it couldnt' have gotten better!!

Britney said...

Wow. I like the one of all three of us, as for the single picture of me - I'm not sure I could find a way to squish up any more of my face...haha. Glad you had a great 34th!

Teri said...

Happy Birthday Amy, sounds like you had a fabulous one!

Molly Thorne said...

I wanna go to that place for breakfast. Yummy! I love the picture of you. Glad you had a happy day

Ging said...

I remember 34- it did feel good. So glad you had a great birthday. I enjoyed my "section" of your celeration.

Terri said...

You are so worth the fuss.
Breakfast and temple next year.