8.04.2008

3 Ring Circus

Scott had an MRI this morning @ 9:15 in Salt Lake.  We got out of the house in time and we were off.  When we arrived at the office it was full of elderly people.  I had talked to the kids about being as quiet as possible, and luckily there were a couple of toys there.  We seemed just a touch out of place as we hauled in with 4 kids in tow.  So I began with the paperwork, always paperwork.  One by one each of the boys needed to use the restroom.  I would pause on my paperwork and help them locate the restroom.  
pause
pause
pause

Then Asher came back to get me, a bit panicked.  The toilet is not flushing.  We've had a monopoly on that toilet and so I know the blame is squarely on our shoulders.  I get right to work checking to make sure they didn't turn the water off behind the toilet.  Then I remove the lid.  The tank is empty.  I began messing around trying to figure out how to get it to fill.  
Let me just say the bathroom doesn't smell good at this point and I am dreading going to get that male receptionist and let him know I cannot figure out the mechanics of his toilet... and oh yeah it really stinks in there.  I finally figured it out, huge sigh of relief.  
Back to paperwork.  
While Scott got his MRI, I decided to give everyone in the office a break and head outside to sit on the lawn with the kids.  Unbeknownst to me, Aidan removed Scott's locker key ( he had to change his pants because they had a zipper) and was playing with it outside.  I sat in the wet lawn and so my behind got soaked.  The kids enjoyed some red licorice and Cole sneezed on my pants and left a lovely pink splotch.  We headed back in 40 minutes later and Scott was ready to get dressed. 
No key in my purse.  
After a search outside- it is found.  Scott proceeds to get dressed and the children proceed to get bored, very bored.  They play with the elevator, the drinking fountain, etc.  At this point I have moved our possey into the hall to wait.  With a bit of frustration I head back in to see if Scott is dressed yet.  I go straight to his dressing room and rip the curtain back, only to see an elderly gentleman zipping  his pants.  he he.  sorry. just looking for my husband.  He points me to the restroom.   I just headed back to the hall with a red face and waited for Scott to emerge then we made a beeline for the car.  

So here's the question: why do I always think it'll be fine and the kids won't mind being in a sterile, quiet environment for a couple hours?  why?  why?  I suppose it just makes me a bit uptight because it's not like when you're at church surrounded by people with children who make a bit of noise; we were surrounded by quiet adults reading Reader's Digest.  Ah well.  It's done now.  Scott has a driving test tomorrow.  I'm thinking about bringing the kids.... 

8 comments:

Denise said...

I LOVE IT!! I do the same thing, I don't know how to explain it but it's the same problem I have with my eyes being bigger than my stomach, I just always think I can handle more than I actually can. (Which is much less than you handle on a daily basis) Kids are good for keeping us in check.

So how did the driving test go???

Em said...

LOL! You Really are getting brazen in your old age! Poor old people being subjected to your peeping and unruley children ! And all with a wet butt too. Classy

JP Anderson said...

I can't wait to have kids. It'll be fun. Right? Every time you guys post about raising kids I think to myself, "maybe I should buy an Indian Jones style hat and a whip. Then I'll feel more prepared for the part and perhaps my kids will behave better."

Calvin said...

Someone really really needs to learn how to juggle!

I am so sorry that I haven't taken Scott out practicing more, I feel horrible. Besides everything else Kristen's parents are here for 4 days which makes scheduling a little more challenging... if he does bad on his test I will totally feel even more guilty... Tell him I am evil and someday hope to renounce my evil ways.

Jen said...

Amy, get a babysitter you crazy crazy girl! You need a break to just sit in a waiting room and read the readers digest yourself!

Troop 442 said...

So funny!!! I think we can all relate to that little story!! The next time you go, PLEASE CALL ME!!! I'll gladly take the kids!! Logical solution, right?

shawn rowley said...

i really love your sense of humor.

thank you for your blog it made my day seems much easier.

Kristen said...

I wouldn't expect anything less from you guys anymore. Thanks for all the laughs.