We put them to bed around 10:00. I was so hoping they would sleep in. What was I thinking?
We finally got to bed around 1:00 a.m., and they arrived around 5:00 a.m. I had told them all the night before that 7:00 was the magic time, but they had to ask if we could move that to say...5:00. I was so tired. Scott reminded me that it was Christmas and he hauled out of bed, so I followed suit.
Let's just say it was very obvious how tired they were as I sat up the video camera before they all headed downstairs and as I flipped it on to record the first thing I hear is Aidan yelling, "Don't push me!" oi vei.
We did have a fantastic Christmas however. I even got in a nap. Although we were quite sad that we didn't get to go up to Grandma and Grandpa's house as we traditionally do, Grandma was kind enough to bring what we would have had for Christmas dinner down to us for me to cook. I probably would've made some soup or something, but we were graced with fantastic steaks and CRAB LEGS!! These things were huge. I thought it would be kinda funny to put this gigantic claw on Cole's plate when he got to the dinner table, and I had my camera ready.
He immediately scowled, and said, "What is it? Me don't haunt it. It's too pokey."
In a sunshine voice I said, "Oh Cole, it's yummy, it's crab."
"NO! Me don't haunt crab. It's too pokey!"
We all just laughed and I removed the claw.
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and look forward to the New Year!
6 comments:
Thanks for the pictures! I love the one of the boys on the swing in the snow. How funny! Merry Christmas!
you should never eat pokey things.
that is wisdom.
That Cole, he's good food ethics.
I'm glad you pulled through and made Christmas complete with the crab 'n steak dinner. Grace can wait...:)
Hee hee....he's got the right idea. pokey things=porcupines, cactus, and certain kinds of blowfish. Attaboy, Cole!
I've never tried crab, probably for the same reason Cole wont, it does look pokey!
miss you guys. I tried calling but didn't get through
Post a Comment