*flahsback: I thought back to being 11 and my 2 best friends had left Primary in April and gone on to Young Womens- glorious, coming- of- age, Young Womens. I was still in Primary, AND we were to sing in Sacrament Meeting for Mother's Day. I felt like I stuck out like a sore thumb as I sang, "Mother I love you, mother I do..." I couldn't wait to be included in Young Womens.
Anyhow, it seems Sis is happy in Primary, but soon enough she will move on. Anyhow, this is about firsts so lets get on with it. She was asked to babysit by a neighbor friend on Saturday! She was so excited as she packed a bag of games and Halloween candy. She's babysat for us before but never a neighbor. Anyhow, she did great and had a great time.
Next first, she got a phone call on Saturday letting her know that she her 3-D project had won in the school Reflections program. She has entered a 3-D project every year, and this is her first win. I am so proud of her. She came up with the idea all by herself and executed it so well. She used the hanging art in the Salt Lake Library's Urban Room as her inspiration. The theme is Beauty Is..., so she did a little replica of a monarch butterfly on a book. The book tells what she thinks beauty is and she aged the pages. She also printed off a picture of a monarch butterfly so she would know all the details to paint on hers. It is made completely of clay. Anyhow, I haven't taken a picture yet, but I will.
She's growing up, and she's doing it beautifully.

6 comments:
That's so cute she brought some games and candy when she went to babysitt. I called Callie Olsen to babysitt last week, and she was so cute. She brought a bag of books and treats for the kids. I came home to all the kids in bed and my house was sooo clean!! Quiet, peaceful clean home, what more can you ask for? I like asking the younger girls to babysitt. I've noticed that once girls hit the teenage years, they seem less interested to babysitt. We don't get babysitters often, but it's good know that Chloe is starting to do it now :)
Chloe is such a nice, genuinely good girl. . . .you are a very lucky mom!
She is growing-up nicely, but whose long legs are those? I am fairly confident she is about to pass me by. Love you Chloe
AWEEE Chloe you are a doll! Those are long legs - just like her mommas! I guess this means Paige is growing up too! UGH!!!
I love the firsts it brings back great memorys of my ow. How exciting and scarey to try so many things and hope to be good at it. She is a gift that Chloe.
I love Chloe. She has so many wonderful qualities that I lacked at her age (or my current for that matter). The transition out of primary was a serious discussion I recall have one Sunday on our tramp (in sunday clothes!) with Tisha and Tyler. We were concerned how it would tear us apart. haha.
Post a Comment