3.18.2010

Dangerous Indeed

Yesterday, on a whim, I took the kids to the zoo and the library.  I threw caution (and routine) to the wind and headed north. We had a crappy day at the zoo.   The weather was beautiful, there were hardly any people. It was great.  Except it was literally crappy.  We seemed to have a laxative effect on all the animals.  After the 5th episode we were just laughing ourselves silly.  The freedom to run and point and yell was more than Grace could handle.





We lugged home 250 pounds of books from the library.  The kids got right to work at home looking through their favorite picks.  Asher picked out The Dangerous Book for Boys.  It's a book that covers the how-to's of boyhood.  Tonight at dinner he told me he had already learned a few things from it.

"What have you learned?" I questioned.
"Well, I read about girls today."
(*internal dialogue "Play it cool. Too much emotion and he'll shut down) "Oh, what did it say about girls?"
"It just talked about how they're different from us.  Not like physically, but emotionally.  You know their feelings are a lot more sensitive.  It said if you hurt their feelings they can erupt pretty easily."
(*DO NOT LAUGH! DO NOT LAUGH AMY! DON'T DO IT. DO. NOT.)
"Interesting, son.  Anything else?"
"Yeah, I learned how to build a tree fort".

Cole has a canker sore.  Another canker sore.  So he's being really careful about what he eats as most of his favorite things hurt his mouth (i.e. Things with sugar).  This is what his dinner plate looked like tonight.  I'm thinking the occasional canker sore is good for his health.  

2 comments:

JP Anderson said...

Crap. At least it wasn't windy. Chloe is quite level headed indeed. I was probably five when I figured out that girls can erupt easily. I was probably pretty fortunate even with all the girls. Not always, but pretty fortunate.

Jen said...

I think canker sores are a good diet plan. Yah know!