3.14.2010

New Tricks

Asher has a tie that actually needs tied. In other words it's not a clip on, or a zip up.
Scott has tried to help him tie it before.  It didn't turn out great, so Asher wouldn't wear it.
Once I sent him next door to have our neighbor man tie it for him.
It was the tie of choice today, but I was busy combing hair and told Asher he'd have to wait for my help.
I could hear he was in on the computer.  Just to be clear, I don't know how to tie a tie either, but I can read instructions, and I'd never made a real effort to figure it out.  Sad. I know.

He came up a few short minutes later with a beautifully tied tie!
He did it!
I didn't take a picture. shame.
It looked really good. Really Good.
He watched an instructional video and did a gorgeous Full Windsor knot.
Good work son.

And now on to Pretty Baby.
She too figured something out. And it's going to make life interesting around here.

Nuff said.

5 comments:

Jen said...

Good work Ashy boy! OHHH no Pretty baby is on the loose! Dang!

the Wilcox Family said...

That is so great that he would take the initiative and go online himself. What a smarty-pants! My kids only know how to get to NickJr. THAT is sad. Oh, and we will be on the lookout for a pretty baby wandering the neighborhood . . .just in case.

Katie said...

HaHa! We had those kind of doorknobs when we lived in San Francisco. Max was only 2 1/2 and the door could open even if it was locked. Ever since then I have always looked for those kind of doorknobs so I can avoid them. What a nightmare. Have fun with that one.

Ging said...

Good work Ash. I seriously googled that one day to get a tie tied at my house too. He must take after his favorite Aunt. Um- sorry about the newest trick. Good luck

JP Anderson said...

I can see it already. He'll be moving out shortly after his mission to live on his own, then he'll be doing his own taxes, and a couple years later he'll buy his first house, wife or not. That kids on the road to independence.

I'm glad Doug doesn't know how to open doors.