3.31.2010

Wednesday Letters

Dear Woman @ the Mailbox,
I owe you an apology.  I'm so sorry that my trampoline nearly hit you yesterday.  I saw the surprise and fear on your face.  Now I need to find you and apologize in person.  
Sincerely, 
Me


Dear Trampoline,
Why'd you have to go and blow away like the last guy.  You were staked down.  You made my kids so happy.  Now you're all busted up.  We loved you.  You made me cry and swear yesterday. 
Frustrated Me


Dear Children,
When the forecast says snow, and we have just survived hurricane winds, PLEASE don't argue with me when I tell you to wear pants and not shorts.  please.
Love, 
Mom


Dear Steamer,
I love you.  You make me so happy as I watch gunk and grime fly away.  My laundry room shines, my bathroom is so thankful.  My lamp shades, grout, light fixtures, washing machine, toilets, toothbrushes (i know, right!) shower track, blinds, window tracks, window screens,  and baseboards are so relieved that you arrived.  My forearm is still working towards forgiveness.  
Until next time,
Me

9 comments:

Kelly said...

Love it! Your trampoline blew away?! Glad we weren't running yesterday.
I think you convinced me to get a steam cleaner. I just spent 5 hours scrubbing my blind, yes just one.

Ging said...

Fun. Funny you. I am coming to take your new toy away from you. Your home is clean enough.

Denise said...

What is this magical cleaner you speak of? I need one. Or better yet I need to convince my mother in law to get one so I can borrow it! Details please.

Ging said...

P.S. Your trampoline blew away again? Argh.

Unknown said...

Bring on the Millennium! - this telestial kingdom thing is over-rated.

shawn rowley said...

that was so cool amy. i really liked that. sometimes i have a running script of the silly things and events in my life. and when i laugh out loud at the dialog in my head ......it scares people, buti t is a good way to clear a long grocery line! ;-)

Jen said...

I love this blog! I think I'll do one too! If ya don't mind!

Suzy said...

Amy! I just love you! I need one of those Steam Cleaners - do give more details!

Amy said...

The Shark hand held Steamer- Costco.