3.26.2010

The "Popeye Game"

Last Monday during dinner I decided we'd have the Family Night game right then and there.
My inspiration was the bag of spinach that was on the table.
I have one child in particular who eats absolutely no leafy greens.
They scare him.
He once suggested adding a little sugar would make them more palatable for him. Hmmmm. No.
So here's how the game works.  We simply passed the bag of spinach around quickly, each person taking a leaf out and eating it then passing it on.  When you could eat no more you were out.
Surprisingly everyone wanted to play.
I was pretty sure I'd be the winner.
Half way through- I was out.
Then I grabbed my camera to capture the winner.
Turns out they ate the whole bag gone.

We decided to crown Aidan the winner because he worked the hardest to get through that spinach.
I'm wondering what we could use next week for our game.  Brussels Sprouts?
I had to include a picture of Grace, so here she is after her mother forgot to giver her a nap.  She was having a snack and fell fast asleep . 

4 comments:

Ging said...

Amy- you know how to have fun. A spinach eating contest. Who'd have thought it?

Molly Thorne said...

we had a carrot contest one day. the most in 2 min. won

the Wilcox Family said...

Oh my creative! I need to do that every night. We had issues with fresh green beans last night--they wanted canned. You need to teach a class on creative mothering, I think

Unknown said...

What a fun game, I don't think I could get my kids to do that lol.