I gave in and signed him up this year. Asher has been asking to play football for some time.
I decided we could handle flag football financially and physically.
He was so excited. Beyond excited.
He loved practice and looked forward to the games.
I didn't play sports in High School. Shocker I know.
So, I wasn't really "in" to sports. I don't watch them on t.v.
I don't get all hyped up about the "Big Game".
However, take me to watch one of my kids play sports and I'm a raging fanatic!!!
I hoot and holler, clap, snap pictures.
Asher was so much fun to watch this season.
We didn't miss a game. At his first game I realized this boy had some football skills.
He was quick and had a good eye for grabbing flags and some sweet moves for celebrating touchdowns.
I was a proud Momma.
When his very first game ended Chloe turned to me and said,
"I wish girls could play flag football."
"Oh, they can dear."
"Why didn't you sign ME up?!!!"
"I"m sorry. I didn't know you'd be interested."
Silly me. She sat by me at every game cheering him on.
When the year had ended Asher had learned how to make and call plays, had bruised/cut his hips numerous times from "flag diving", had scored some touchdowns and made some awesome runs.
I continue to say he may have my freckles, but he's got his Dad's physical prowess.
1 comment:
Nothin better than a ball game with a happy child. Nothin. Way to go smashy tera em up.
Post a Comment