11.10.2010

He's an XXL

My Mom use to make my Dad's western button up shirts.
She always said it was difficult to find a shirt that fit the man because his arms are so long.
My Mom is an amazing seamstress and his shirts were beautiful. And they fit those long arms.

So my husband has recently done an about face.  You see his clothing of choice is t-shirt and jeans.
It seems to be a family disease. A good disease.  We're comfy people over here.
All his t-shirts say Boise State Football, or Iowa Ping Pong, or Boise State Waterboy.
You get the picture.  Collegiate athletic shirts. Period.
He gets asked often if he played_____ in college.



So anyhow, back to the about face.
He's decided to step  it up and start wearing casual button up dress shirts to school.
I'm behind him 100%.  He looks good in a casual dress shirt.
So we did some shopping and he picked out several XL dress shirts.
He tried them on for school the next morning and looked like an 8th grader who'd hit his growth spurt.
The sleeves all hit him along his forearm.
Ape arms.

So I finally found time to take them back and pick up some XXL's.
Yeah. XXL's.
That's my man.
I actually think it's kind of funny/deceiving that he wears XXL shirts.
He does have some manly shoulders and biceps, but he's not an overall big guy.
Tall, yes. But he downplays his height :)

So the husband has long arms like my Dad,
and while his knuckles may drag,
his arms will always fit all the way around me.
My Mom loves that part. Me too.

3 comments:

shawn rowley said...

that was cool aim. i am a fan of the browning love story.

Terri said...

So your gonna start sewing like mom ya say??? Heres to dress shirts but I did see an orange fleece mens jacket and really thought I should get it for Scotty . He and I share alove of the orange

The Bentley Family! Aaron and Amy, Gage (9), Levi (6), Claire (4), and Judd (2) said...

Thanks for the laugh. I downplay my height too :)