It was Asher's lucky year.
Our favorite and best overnight babysitter- Grandma- took the load while I ran away with Asher.
In our rush to get out the door Wednesday morning I left something very important behind.
My sleeping bag. This was not discovered until bedtime.
I'm so happy Cami decided to come up to Clear Creek as it was mostly Fathers there with their boys.
So Cam and I hung out and tried not to get in trouble for talking too much (a common problem we have when we are together).
I really enjoy watching my children interact with their peers. It's a good glimpse into who they are and how they work in groups. Asher likes to be great at things. He wants to be recognized for excelling at the things he does, and this is usually the case. He was so excited to be at Clear Creek, and while I'm sure he would've been fine without me, it was nice to be there and soak it all up together.
After lunch we got ready for rotations. The boys made calendars for their parents, did some GPS-ing, did some team building activities, attempted to build a case to protect an egg being dropped from a ladder, made bracelets, and my station: tie-dyeing.
We also went on a hike. The trail was pretty icy and muddy, so we took a different trail, and upon returning to camp were greeted by several deer.
We ate all our meals in the lunchroom.
Here you have an failed lunchroom trade:
Cookie for fruit.
A surprising fail if you ask me.
Wednesday night was skit night. This is the best. All the classes have a song and a skit to perform, the teachers also do several skits and the parents do one.
Asher really hammed it up in his class skit. Here he is taking a bath while dancing. Now I understand why the boy packed a large bath towel and bubbles.
Here are the boys of Mr.D's 5th grade class.
That night the boys watched Robin Hood while the adults played board games.
Luckily one of the boys we know had brought 2 sleeping bags and kindly let me use one.
It was a fantastic time at Clear Creek with Asher.
Looking forward to 2013 with Aidan.

1 comment:
Mother son camping sounds lovely. Makes me want some family camping. Ok, maybe in 6 months...
and you two are so cute in all pics.
Post a Comment