It was our first day of snow.
Here was the plan:
Surprise the children by taking them to Park City to the Waldorf Astoria to swim and play for the day.
Scotty's sis Karen was in town on business and her company
puts her up and some schmancy joints. We are the beneficiaries of this.
So the kids got ready for school just like any other weekday.
We were running late and they were worried because I was fixing my hair.
"Mom, we're going to be late. Are we going to go?"
"Get your swimsuits and put them in your backpack."
Squeals of delight.
I told them the plan and they gathered swimsuits, games, and hot cocoa and stuffed them in with the textbooks.
Over the mountain we went.
Park City was beautifully blanketed in white.
And it turns out the Waldorf Astoria is not too shabby.
Valet parking only left the valet perplexed when a minivan
full of kids pulled in.
No pride I tell ya. I just smiled and parked it down the street at his request.
We walked into that gorgeous lobby lugging backpacks full of Capri Suns and swimming flippers.
Big kids carrying little kids on their hips.
Just smile Amy, the kids think you're a hero right now.
The room was gorgeous with a fireplace, flat screen, mini-kitchen, and even a t.v. in the bathroom.
The kids couldn't wait to try that out. :)
I made some hot cocoa while they lounged by the fire and watched cartoons.
That lasted 9 1/2 minutes and they were ready to hit the heated pool.
It was so fun to swim in that warm pool and the hot tub surrounded by snow!
They ate and ate and ate that snow.
They had some snowball fights in the pool.
They swam until they pruned.
We were the only ones in the pool the entire time.
I guess those stuffy adults don't go swimming when there's snow out.
After the long swim they had baths using the delicious smelling complimentary shampoo while watching their favorite shows. When the rotation was over we packed up and headed home.
Thanks to Aunt Karen and the Waldorf Astoria for welcoming winter in a most wonderful way.

4 comments:
I am so glad you went. Judging from your last post "Schmancy" was a word seriously lacking from your life.
umm this place is very familar where you in steam boat calorado and if you where then i have stayed there with a friend befor
It sounded delightful. What a way to spend a school day
These looks like so much fun!!!! I love that hotel and it is so pretty there!! Your kids look so adorable in the pictures! They seemed like they are in the heaven! Cute kids!
Post a Comment