1.08.2008

ARGH!  It's a good thing my husband is a patient man. Turns out on Scotty's first day @ the U the battery of his power chair died.  When it's fully charged it only lasts for a few short minutes.  Thus he was able to get off Trax and make it to class, but then it died in an elevator!!!!  So he had a girl push him out of the elevator and to an outlet (chair= 400 lbs. + Scott= 190 lbs. +  perfect stranger pushing him out of an elevator= PRICELESS!) Then he got to his next class and plugged the chair in all during class.  Then the chair died in a hallway.  That is where he remained for 4 hours!!!!  He attempted once to make it to TRAX, but saw the battery was dying and headed back inside so he didn't freeze to death.  Anyhow,  I had my own fun chasing down batteries for the chair, Voc Rehab (VR) called ahead to ensure they had what I needed, I  drove from here to Timbuktu to retrieve them only to be told, no we don't have any and no we didn't tell you we did. If you think we're fraudulent shop elsewhere.  WHAT!!!????  I was steaming. 

Remember when you were a kid and your Mom had a bad customer service moment and she in no uncertain terms, let them know how unhappy she was while you attempted to hide your face behind her very large purse?  Well, I was that woman.  I said, "No, there must be a mistake we just called in and you said you pulled 2 off the shelf for me".  He return with a no.  I respond,"Are you serious?"  yes.  As I leave I let out a UGHHHHHH!!!  

Anyhow, I have called VR and asked them to deal with PETERSEN MEDICAL in OREM and have them deliver and install the battery if possible.  

So, now a shout out to my MOM.  She got up at 6:00 or earlier, and drove to Salt Lake today to drive Scotty to his classes and push him in his manual wheelchair so he didn't have to miss school.  What a woman!   

And to wrap up this blog- I ran on the treadmill for 50 minutes (there was some walking involved), and I am tired.  

Here's to a better day.
amy 

1 comment:

Jen said...

That picture is freakin me out!