I have to reflect....
I went into labor in the middle of the night. My Mom came and watched Chloe (she was 14 months old). We went to Orem Community Hospital. After a couple hours it was time to have a baby. The DR. arrived. I politely asked Scotty if he'd like to turn of the Price Is Right for the arrival of his son.
He obliged.
After 2 pushes there was our Asher. It was like a dream it was so easy. He was so sweet and what a big mouth he had. Although he didn't sleep through the night until he was a year old (gassy little fellow) he was a happy baby. And Asher does mean happy. And now it's already been 8 years!
So, I nearly missed my good Mom opportunity. I arrived at the school with just 10 minutes left in the school day today. I brought donuts and Cole brought the balloons. Asher's teacher let me read a little information about him that I had typed up. I told them how he loved to hold his little brothers when they were newborns and we have many pictures of Asher sleeping holding a sleeping baby, and I told them one of my favorite Asher stories:
*Asher was 3 or 4
Asher was trying to spell words to me in the car.
I told him he wasn't spelling any words right.
He became very frustrated and said, "Fine, just tell me how to spell fungus then!"
It was fun to watch Asher bursting with pride as he handed out the napkins and I told his class how great he is.
Anyhow, Happy Birthday to Asher. Love your Mom.
2 comments:
Amy i'm really amazed how fast your kids have grown up. And that Smasher is 8. That picture, wow. I sound like every adult I've heard but, those kids grow like weeds! :)
You're a good Mom. Kids remember that stuff forever. happy big 8 Ash.
O.K. here goes, I think I finally figured this dumb thing out, so stop telling me I can't read any more! Very cute pictures Aim I love the one of the Landrum girls. I have typed this three times but here goes again, I think you should journal in your scrapbook like you blog, it is very appealing to read.
Post a Comment