1.09.2008

SNOW!

Snow! 
 I think I may be to blame for this big storm.  You see a couple days ago I said, "I'm sick of all these weak little storms that bring a skiff of snow.  If it's going to snow it should just dump on us."  
And the heaven's opened.  
So when I got up to head to the pool this morning the streets were scary, but scarier still is arriving at the pool and seeing some young men you know.  I hate seeing people (of the male variety) at the pool.  I was super scary spice today because I had my eyebrows waxed yesterday and as an added bonus she also removed the top layer of skin.  Also, I wear my goggles uber-tight so as to not allow any water into my contacts and so I have really puffy eyes and deep lines around my eyes.  That's beautiful.  Oh, and my eyes look like I've been on a 3 day bender because my contacts are old and cause much redness.  So there's a pretty picture for you.  

UPDATE ON WHEELCHAIR BATTERIES:
long story short
After a morning of arranging a new medical company to deliver and install the batteries in Scott's wheelchair I gave up @ 4:00ish and headed out with Scott and picked up the batteries myself.  It went something like this:
Hi, I'm here to pick up some batteries.
(Spanish accent:) Who will be helping you?
No one.  Are they heavy?
Jes.  They weigh 50 or 60 lbs. each.
I"m a big girl I can do it. 
*blink*blink*blink*
O.k. why don't you tell me how to install them.
Will somebody be helping you install them?
Nope. Just me.
*blink*blink*blink* eyebrows raised
And with that Scotty and took the batteries and a tool kit up to campus installed the batteries in 30 minutes and were proud.  The wheelchair is working and so hopefully he'll have a better day.  So I hope everyone has a fabulous day.  Enjoy the snow!
Amy

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is my favorite picture of all time. Thanks for posting it!! Also thanks for the snow. I'm glad you are wonder woman so you have a cape too?? Blink, Blink.