1.07.2008

He's off! (&Ode to Jen)

Ok.  Scotty is off to school!  AHHHHH!  

He left @ 7:10 this morning.  It was quite strange.  I'm a bit nervous about him getting around in his power wheelchair (sidenote:  I called his powerchair an electric chair while visiting teaching yesterday and had everyone in stitches)  I asked him if he'd like me to just take him this morning instead of him riding the bus and he said, "No thanks Mom, I think I've got it!"  Point taken. Anyhow, he's a bit nervous about controlling his power chair.  It's quite sensitive and he took out a copy machine earlier this week.  I'm sure it will be an adventure and he'll have me cracking up tonight.  

And now......
an Ode to my sister Jen.

It seems she feels unrepresented on this here blog.
This is an Ode to Jen

You were born first, but I was quick to follow.
When you saw how I was adored, you had reason to wallow.
But wallow you didn't, you pulled up your boot straps.
Carried me on your back @ recess and ran 10 laps.

You confronted my friends (and enemies) if you felt I'd been wronged
We did lots together like Cheech and Chong (a stretch I know)
Although I raised you, you always went first.
Off to college, then married, and you definitely cursed first!

And now here we are with husbands and kids
Doing laundry and cleaning, finding missing lids.
The miles disappear when we talk on the phone.
And soon I don't feel quite so alone.

Oh Jen how I love you
Your silly and brave,
Now please quite complaining
It's time to behave.

Love, 
amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank-you I feel so much more loved now! But, lets get one thing straight here - Aim cursed first and I can even tell you that it was over a spilt vase of water and flowers and then she cried not because she had spilt the water but because she had cursed! It was H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!!! As you can imagine! That has to be one of the funnies poems I have ever read! I laughed, I cried , and I might have even dampened my britches! Love you too Aim ! Thanks for the ODE! JEN the one who actually did all the raising! (of eyebrows that is)