Just thought I'd post some pictures/comments about our Family Reunion in Heber this weekend for those who were there and those who couldn't make it.
All in all I thought we all had a good time and enjoyed spending time with everyone. The cabin was really large with lots of living areas which helped make our large numbers really not feel like that many people in one space. We had a lot of good food (what's new) and played some fun games (thanks Molly and Tristan). The family auction raised a good amount of money for the reunion in June. There was a battle over Jen's handmade bag (no surprise there) and Em put up an original piece of art that was highly sought after. The talent show was too cute. We had sommersaults ( a few of them), Kung Fu (Ethan), sign language (Dawson), singing (Cal, Becky, Gabby, Mom, Bailey). The kids loved the air hockey ( I injured my elbow by hyper-extending it as I battled to beat 8 year old boys), the hot tub was dominated by the 10 and under crowd, and the theatre room seemed to always have a few loungers. I really liked that we had a few days to be together because it felt like you could really just enjoy the time. Uncle Shawn began the Moose Mouse Club which had many enthusiastic members. They had games of their own and enjoyed a few nature walks with Uncle Shawn. Our Thanksgiving dinner was fantastic! We have some good cooks in this family. We ended the reunion with a great devotional by the Rowley's and made some plans for the upcoming reunions.
I have to say I love my family and I loved spending time with all of you and seeing our children enjoy each other. The highlights for me were:
Molly's back massages, Mom's lemon pie, watching Cole oogle Baby Sophie, game night with Dr. Zeus, schizophrenia, Bev Clark, and Harrison Ford in Hairspray, happy splashing in a stinky hot tub, recitation of the Living Christ by Ginger and Terri, Ethan's unending devotion to Kung Fu Panda, watching Taylor fill Isaac's shoes by wrestling with the boys, seeing the fruits of Ginger's labor, not seeing any of my own labor, Dad at the kitchen sink doing dishes for hours, Dad carrying each grandkid out of the hot tub to a bathtub in a towel so they wouldn't get the carpet wet, fixing Ellie and Bailey's hair (it's been a long time), Chloe's handmade trophies for the talent show, Mom winning first place in the talent show for singing, Gabby's beautiful voice singing Hey Jude, Shawn's faithful Moose Mouse Club following him outside.
What a great time! We missed those who couldn't come and thought of you. Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to June!
6 comments:
Oh my that is one lovely picture of Mom looking like - Jack Nicklson. Love the picture of Molly in the kitchen -shes gonna kill you Aim! It sounds like you guys had so much fun and I am incredibly sad that I missed it! Really so sad! Love you guys!
Im waxing nostalgc ( hey thats a good scene it word isnt it!) I loved it ever ever so much. Not one bad moment for me.
Ahh. Thanks Amy. Mom had to remind me to check your blog again for this update, but I loved it. Its so sweet to see the kids all mingled together. I wish I had such a fun group of cousins to hang out with. :) Sounds like it was really fun and Mom looks like she's about the break out he paper bag head and model for you.
Good summary aim, but yes I will be killing you when I see you next. I thought that after those back rubs you might be able to find something a little less nasty of me
bev clark?? any relation?
I was wondering if you might catch that Bev Clark in there Tonya. We played a game where we wrote random things on paper then had to get our team to say whatever was on the paper. Well, your Mom's name got put in the pile. However, my niece, Gabby has no idea who Bev Clark is and proceeded to try to get her team to say Beaver. We all had a good laugh at that one.
Post a Comment