1.15.2009

Makin' do


This picture is going to sum up how I've been feeling at times.   When Cole came outside in one cowboy boot, one of Chloe's old boots, his brother's shirt, using the neighbor's shovel the 1st thing that came to my mind was, "he's just makin' do".  He wanted to come out and help shovel, so he found what he could and made it work for him.  That's what our house is like a lot of the time.  We're just makin' do.  Doing the best we can with what we've got.  Sometimes that's all you can do, right?  I'm good with that.  

5 comments:

Kristen said...

Amen, sister! By the way, your coloring looks much better!

Unknown said...

You "make do" better than just about anyone I know...

Jen said...

I love it! You are definately good at makin do! Love you guys!

Em said...

Not to Mention, Claire is always makin' do. That you throw over the farmer's fence. :)

Grace is already waving I see.

Ging said...

I am so glad this post is about making do and not... well my life (and always Kent's life) revolves around the,... ehem, other one