What a crazy week it has been. Sick kids are definitely no fun. I was lucky enough all last week to have my little sis, Molly come to visit. This in itself is no small feat. She came all the way from Boise, she made arrangements for 2 of her kids to stay home, and she brought her 2 littlest ones. Her husband picked up all the slack that she left behind so she could come. I am grateful. Let me just say, that girl can get stuff done. She's a list maker (I believe this is an Anderson trait). But, I believe Molly takes extreme pleasure in crossing things off that list and so that list gets done. We got a lot of things done that just don't get done around here, I mean she cleaned my shower with a toothbrush people. Probably my toothbrush, as payback for cleaning my shower. No I jest. Anyhow, as always it is so fun to have a sister here to sit and talk to in the day (while we're organizing of course), go get ice cream with at night, and basically just spend time with. Let me take you back for a minute to our growing up years. When we were kids (teens) Molly always had the chore of ironing. I think she was particularly good at it (is that right Mom?) and that's why she always had that chore. So, I didn't get in a lot of ironing practice. I'm not necessarily bad at it, but I don't really enjoy it. So the night before Molly is to leave she comes up to my room and enters THE CLOSET. There she finds the laundry/mending basket. It is overflowing onto my closet floor. Holy Cow Molly almost croaked. "How come you didn't show me this when I got here!?" she exclaimed. It was pretty funny. We sorted through it and she decided I DO have some cute clothes, they just all need ironed! Anyway, I miss her already but I'm sure Tristan is so happy to have his little homemaker back home. Love you Miss Molly.
And now.... some pictures.
Cole keeps putting these disgusting fake teeth in and saying, "Look Mom, I lost a toof".
Molly captured this one of Aidan out ice hunting. This chunk ended up on the front steps in pieces- a kind of obstacle course for me to see if I could make it in the house without injuring myself.
Here's Molly holding Grace. Most days it was a ponytail and sweats as we were "gettin it done" around here, but here she is looking beautiful with my baby.

Here's Cole making good use of Chloe's Littlest Pet Shop. He decided it would be fun to use a ping pong paddle and launch them all over the living room, and so he did.
This picture is worth a thousand words. The look on my face, hello! Chloe made Grace and I these crowns. I'm feeling like a Queen, could I please have some sleep!
Here is sweet baby Grace on her 3 week Birthday! Yeah!
And lastly, this is another picture that must be labeled "Makin' do". I found this one morning after I had obviously not gotten up when others were hungry. So here is the remnants of Cole's breakfast. He poured himself some wheaties on a PLATE. Thus the milk spilled over and ran through the crack of the table onto the floor. He was just makin do.
5 comments:
Thanks for not posting all the nasty pictures of me doing work. I do get a lot of pleasure checking things of a list. I think I took a few peeks in the bathroom and other places after they were done because it's so satisfying to me. I did go down there to help out and clean but with a sister it's still so fun. I hope your kids don't think of me as the warden. I can't believe all you do for your family and with very little yelling, just rolling eyes. thanks for the good time.
p.s. get yourself an ironing board and maybe I can tackle that basket when I come back
You already know this, but the crowns is my fav. You are queen for a day, now clean up that plate of leaky cereal. I'm sorry things are so yucky right now, its totally within your family rights to call on us to assist you with your laundry. I hope everyone gets unsick soon. And Grace gets regular again.
I with Molly. Choirs at Amy's is the best. Everyone knows how much she has on her plate so it's almost like some sort of competition to get as much done in as little time as possible. And just as Molly already said, it is so satisfying to look behind the doors to see what you've been able to help with. Anything to take a little weight of your shoulders sis. Good job Molly! 10 points.
Way to go Mol! She came over one day and helped me in my backyard . It was like a mini backyard makeover and she worked her rear end off! I of course still have mine! Shucks! So glad we have each other - glad to have my Boise/Kuna sister! You look great in that crown Aim!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the plated wheaties, out loud laughing
Post a Comment