It was bed time. We sent everyone up to brush teeth and put on p.j.'s. They did. And then I noticed Asher and Aidan both had walkie talkies when they went up to bed in their p.j.'s. My motherly antenna were raised, but I quickly forgot about it and went about my business doing dishes. A few hours later when I was headed to bed I stopped by their bedrooms to check on them like I do every night. Asher was all snuggled under the covers, but I noticed he had on a hoodie? Hmm? So I whip back the covers and what do I find... he has removed his p.j.'s and is fully dressed for school. So I check Aidan, same thing (except Aidan is wearing church pants and a soccer shirt for school clothes). They also both had their walkie talkies on and laying beside them so they could communicate (yes, they were sleeping in the SAME room). I was cracking up at these two. They had laid out these fine plans to save some time in the morning so they could have extra time to play the Wii.
The next morning they were up in the 4:00 a.m. hour going to play the Wii. I heard them in the hall and said, "I know you're already dressed and all, but it's WAY to early to be up. Go back to bed you two. No Wii ."
9 comments:
I can't believe Asher is 9! It's so fun to see your blog I got it off Teri's I hope you don't mind. It's really great to see you. How is your family? Love to catch up.
p.s. is that a new baby you are holding? or is that Asher at 2 weeks old?
I love it love it love it!!! They would have been grumpy but I would have let them score their victory and then put them to bed early that night. Or maybe borrowed a walkie talkie and woke them up at 4 to meet you in the living room for a batman challenge.
Hey Liz! How are you guys? I run into your Mom occasionally and say hi. That's a new baby- Grace in the picture on the side. Thanks for saying hi.
hahah! Sounds like something me and Ikey used to do...only we had a flashlight system. Nice, boys, nice.
That is so funny! I don't want them giving my girls any ideas. They make plans every morning to see whoever is up the earliest that person will get to play Poptropica before school. OH MY! They have come in at 5:30 before and I totally made them go back to bed. Terri your a nice fun type!
Blast those motherly instincts! Terr, you can be my mom any time.
Yeahhh. thats great. Totally reminds me of all those bummer Christmases cuz Mom & Dad don't want to wake up at 4 am. I liked Terri's plan. Let 'm play and then let them go to bed at 7:00. :) lol.
Man... that is totally something max would do. i'm always amazed that he can't get up at 6:30 to get ready for school, but when there is no school he is up at 5 and on the wii!
Post a Comment