1.07.2009

Smarty Pants


Guess who made the Dean's List?

That's right, my husband!!!

That, in and of itself, is pretty cool, but when you take into account that he has to write/draw with his left-hand (he's not left handed), he has to record lectures, he struggles with double vision, he has some hearing loss, he got up every  morning at 5:00 and would crawl to the bathroom with his socks in his mouth to get dressed, he braved freezing temperatures, rain, and snow in his power chair sometimes coming home soaked to the bone, he rides public transportation to and from school and remains on campus for at least 8 hours every day, he is also the father of 5 and a scout leader!

I am proud to say the least. 


10 comments:

Denise said...

I jsut told Seth to read your blog, just 'cause I thought it was very cool (and inspiring) and his comment back was "Wow, I am such a loser!"

Anonymous said...

Amy - I am so impressed. I never made the Dean's List at the U and I never had to get to class in a power wheel chair or ride public transportation or write with my left hand or record lectures or stay at the U for 8 hours every day. Your husband is amazing. Go Scott! - Seth

Katie said...

Inspiring. You and Scoot have always amazed me. I'm grateful to know you both.

Oh, you forgot to mention that he is a faithful Home Teacher who shows up rain or shine. We love him!

Molly Thorne said...

Yeah! That is great. I hated college. The classes I thought I would do great in a didn't and the hard ones I worked my butt of for okay grades. I can't imagine going back with small children.

Jen said...

WHOA! I love you Scottie to Hottie! What a great guy you got there Aim! I just love him what can I say!

shawn rowley said...

amy if i were you i would begin writting a book about these experiences i really think it would sell well, seriuosly.

Kelly said...

Way to go Scotty. I think only Scott could do that!

Unknown said...

Scott,

You're the tallest man I know (and I'm your senior only in age.)

SL

Em said...

That is pretty freaking awesome Amy. Nice job Scotty! Get that guy a Butterfinger Shake with extra Butterfinger!
and a bag of Cookies!
You're both pretty impressive people

JP Anderson said...

I think I'll get me a wheelchair and ride the bus to school.