7.30.2009

That's My Boy!

At scouts tonight we talked about Americans who made a difference. 
The boys threw out names like George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Thomas Jefferson.  
Asher made me proud with Rosa Parks, and even elaborated on her story. 
Then he says,

"How about Paul Blart?"

"'scuse me? Did you just say Paul Blart?"

"Yeah, Paul Blart, isn't he a famous American who did something I can't remember?"

I am now laughing with my head down on the picnic table, tears forming in my eyes.

"Son, that's from that dumb movie."

"Oh yeah.  Shoot."

He had gone to the dollar movie with a friend and saw that little gem of a movie.  I guess the name stuck in his head.  Maybe he was thinking Paul Revere, or even Paul Bunyon.  I don't know, but dang it was hil.ar.i.ous!


*Note: Mall cops are fine Americans.  I do believe they can make a difference in the way they serve and protect teeny boppers at local malls all over this country of ours. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with you, Asher...who needs those other people like we need mall cops?

Jen said...

You are right Hi la ri ous! LOL! Jared got a good giggle out of that one. He even knew that it was the mall cop!

Ging said...

Oh yeah!! Asher you are the best. Further proof that movies do not shape young minds.

A THORN AMONG ROSES said...

VERY funny. Your kids are awesome. I love the photo of that cute little girl sitting in front of our house too.

Denise said...

I needed that. Seth would probably agree that Paul Blart is a great American!

JP Anderson said...

Good answers. There are some fictional characters I can think of that serve as good American heros.

JP Anderson said...

ps Can you post that pic of Bailey again but not as a header so I can add it to my family album? Or just send it to me.

Em said...

I still don't know who Paul Blart is. But I give Ashy an "A" for effort. Its hard to try and think creatively with a question like that. Gotta draw from all resources, fact and fiction alike.

Terri said...

You are killin me Smashy that is awesome Rosa parks that is. And to the back of the bus for you Ashy Paul Blart!