Yesterday was the first day back to school for the kids.
Lots of excitement, new clothes, school supplies, lunches. Oh the fun. Asher was the only one who was hesitant because of his swollen eye. A hornet got him on the eyelid two days previous, but that's another story.
We were rushed, so I didn't get to walk them to school like I always do on the first day. We all rode in the car in a hurry. We've had such a fun, FULL summer I had some mixed emotions about the kids going back to school. I love the ease of summer, but I also love the structure of the school year. I guess once you get tired of the one it's time for the other, like seasons. Anyhow, they have some fantastic teachers this year and so we are all very excited to see how much they grow and learn. This is Cole's first time to go to an actual preschool. He was so cute and so excited. He was a bit shy when he met his teacher, but I'm betting he'll come busting out of his shell pretty soon. For FHE on Monday we did a Fashion Show & Father's Blessings. I think that'll be a good tradition.
I've talked to a few other mothers who've felt the pains of summer in the cleanliness/organization of their home. I'm glad I'm not alone, but I'm wondering, what are your plans to get your home back in order? How do you tackle this big job efficiently? What helps your home run smoothly? Talk to me people.
4 comments:
one room at a time.
That is exactly what I was going to say...
Seriously. One room a day. Even one drawer a day. Just keep swimming. I even thought about rewarding myself some how to get myself motivated. Haven't quite decided what will actually motivate me! I will let you know when I think of something.
I have no advice on the subject. You've seen my house. I'm just trying to cope with Zack being in kindergarten. At this point it isn't working:(
Your kids look cute on their first day. Ashers eye looks painful!
I love how you take their picture in the same place every year. We started doing this with Cal when he went to Preschool and I love seeing th changes. I am sorry summer is over it was fun-filled and busy. Now for the answer: I started before they went back organizing every nook and cranny. I am having a garage sale next weekend. You can come and join me. But in sincerity- choose the thing you want to do first. Work on it every day until it is done. Then start the process over. This way you won't stress yourself about other big things. They are on the list and they will get their turn.
Post a Comment