8.22.2009

A Short Story in pictures

GRACE n' GRASS


"What beautiful light outside", Mom thinks.   
"I'm going to take that pretty baby of mine out on the lawn."























Pretty baby likes the lawn. 










It makes her salivary gland work overtime. 
















Mom brings out matching hat to bump up the cuteness factor (if at all possible). 



















Pretty baby discovers a crusty leaf on the lawn.
"Yum", she thinks.












Pretty baby thinks she needs more fiber, so she decides she must eat crusty leaves.















Mom knows pretty baby has had enough fiber and steals the leaves from her mouth with one quick finger sweep. 
















Pretty baby doesn't understand how her mother could be so mean and hurtful. 
She gives Mom "the look" that says "YOU did this to me!"
Mom takes pictures of "the look", so she can look back at them when pretty baby is 16. 
















Pretty baby decides that if she can't eat leaves, she's not going to wear this silly hat anymore!



















Mom gives pretty baby a flower to help her forget the pain of losing that leaf (and to make her keep the hat ON).
















Pretty baby's short memory helps the pain subside quickly.

















Mom kisses pretty baby and runs her inside for dinner and a tubby. 
THE END.



8 comments:

Terri said...

You made me wish there was blogging 2O years ago. We all ahve that story. Manipulative beautiful babies. Really Can she get any cuter its kind of rediculous.

shawn rowley said...

that was your best ever "grace" blog. it was like a story book for old people who miss thier kids. (that would be me.)

Anonymous said...

Haha that was so funny! That baby really is purty. About the fiber...do you think I could eat leaves on this diet of mine and be okay? Just kidding....maybe...

Em said...

I know. I know I looked at this yesterday and didn't comment. Thats because I was being resuscitated. I agree with Shawn. Best Grace blog EVER. The sweet story accompanying your always beautiful pictures really "made" it. Oh, and have been back to this one 4 times already. So so sweet. More story blogs. They're wonderful!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a creative idea...story blogs...you could tell us all about it at Be Mused :-)

Molly Thorne said...

So cute pics. I can't even think what else to write, my brain is going quickly, I guess it's nap time.

Carrick family said...

Oh my gosh, you are so good at blogging and describe everything so good! I wish you could do my blogging. I love these pictures. So cute!

Ging said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!