We've been a few times this year already, but we have a zoo pass thanks to a thoughtful Christmas gift from the Rowleys.
Our children love the zoo. They love animals.
Today was the best zoo experience we've ever had.
When I told the fam that we'd be going to the member's only hours @ 7:30 a.m. they thought I was a bit crazy, but I think it was key. Here are the things that made it a great day.
. Less people = easier wheelchair maneuvering, less losing sight of children, easier to see animals.
. Cool morning air
. Zookeepers out with animals in hand for us to touch and to teach us cool facts. (The Great Horned Owl can rotate its head 270 degrees)
. Lots of sweet baby animals (giraffe, 3 tiger cubs, orangutan)
. Sitting in just the right spot @ the bird show so you can feel the wind/wings on your head
. All the animals eating, playing, growling, doing things besides sleeping!
Thanks Rowleys and Dad and Mom.
7 comments:
It's great you get to have an annual event or two where your kids get to feel special and loved by their grandparents and to spend quality time with them! Glad you had fun. Great pictures. Everytime I have gone to the zoo the animals pretty much sleep or get up to throw poop.
That sounds sooo fun! Can you do it again and invite us? I'm serious and very jealous. We'll watch kids, push chairs, and I'll wear a hair piece for the birds.
ps I caught that Mike.
That makes me so very happy. Sounds like a day to remember
good job amy it must have been hard to get the kids to go but they will never forget that some times when you get up and follow mom, the rewards can be great.
did you see any cat-penguins? Or is that peng-uats?
Ahh, zoo times. The last time I was at that zoo I had a very unfortunate experience with the slide. I'm glad you had fun, Brownings!
Post a Comment