It was a day full of to-dos.
Dentist appointment.
Piano Lessons.
Bank.
WalMart.
Costco.
Lowe's.
Dr. checkups.
Grocery store.
I decided the whole posse should come.
It was hot.
They were tired and within arms reach of each other.
We were headed home when BAM! BAM!
"what just happened?"
I'm crying. Yelling.
I was so mad. I was mad that somebody just hit my husband's "legs" that
we leave so vulnerably perched on a lift on the back of our van.
Why didn't they see me at a complete stop with a car full of kids and groceries and a wheelchair.
We were hit by the girl who was hit by the man who didn't slow at all for traffic that was at a complete stop. I guess he just didn't see us. His car was a total wreck.
The girl behind us was driving her Mom's car, visiting from out of state with her baby asleep in the backseat. She broke her hand on her steering wheel, but just kept about her business pulling out the carseat, filling his diaper bag, keeping him happy.
Our lift is bent, Scotty's wheelchair's frame is bent, our car has some damage to the back side, and Scott's face is swollen and his neck is sore.
It was scary. My first accident. (NO, I do not count that backing out of the garage incident when Molly decided to bail!). And, my whole family was there with me. Not ideal. So wish I hadn't been packing the wheelchair. Or the kids. Or the hubby. Or these last 7 pounds.
But what's life without a few bumps in the road right?
11 comments:
oh no, Amy! I'm so sorry!
OHHH crap! That is bad - I'm sooo sorry Aim! Scotty got hurt too! Oh Geesh!
Ohh shoot! Glad everyone is okay, that Scott heals quickly, and that the damage to the wheelchair isn't enough to slow him down!!
Katie the kind of friend we all need. Yeah, glad everyone is alright. That chair and lift probably softened the blow.
Wow, THAT is not a good day. Today will be better. Just don't run any errands and all will be better. (Let me know if you need me to run any errands for you--I'd be glad to!)
Sorry and glad. Sorry (of course) that it happened, and glad that everyone is mostly okay. Some good will come from it.
In Brody's words poop, poop, poo, stupid. Zack told me today he was so sad Scotty's chair got broken. I'm hoping Insurance comes through for you in a BIG way!
I'm sorry. I remember that day in the garage very well, I still believe it was all your fault. Seriously, who would want a ride to basketball with their angry sister?! I hope Scotty's chair gets fixed fast. My word verification is rieri, I'm thinking rieri-end
ya, bring it on right??? Glad you are all still smiling.I'm so sorry that happened. Dang it.
I am truly thankful that you are all okay and hope it will remain the case.
those last 7 lbs cushioned the impact. be grateful. ;)
Post a Comment