3.14.2011

Lucky Day Off

Kids had the day off.
Whenever that happens I think one of two things:
1. What could we get done today or,
2. What fun could we have today.

Turns out I was in the #2 mood.
So I thought of a "free" adventure.
I've been wanting to drive south and explore the open areas.  I really love to go to areas untouched and just soak it in. If you'll drive just 10 miles south of us you really are in open lands with mountains, windy roads and Utah Lake.  So I told the kids we'd be taking a ride on what we call "Tickle Bump Road".


Tickle Bump Road

We've driven this road with the kids before to visit friends in Gunnison and the kid loved the bumps that tickled their tummies.  So we loaded up, grabbed the camera and hit the open road. We watched our mileage and it was right around 9 miles that the houses stopped and it was all open area.

The kids love those tickle bumps, and I must admit I give it the gas to make them even better. We drove out quite aways and watched the lake go on and on.  We passed a pretty good sized hill that we decided we'd climb on our way home.  So as we doubled back we pulled off and set out on foot.

When we reached the top it was just what we expected. Beautiful views from all around.
The kids explored a bit and collected some cool rocks.



We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful valley.  We enjoyed it today. 

p.s. So as not to ruin this post I will not tell you that we went to this awesome park afterwards, and 5 minutes into being there Cole whacked his nose hard on a step and bled profusely.  I stopped the bleeding with the red jacket he had on and we headed home in tears. His nose is swollen and he may have a black eye by tomorrow :)

7 comments:

Terri said...

LUCKY you to have kids that will call an adventure going on tickle bump road. Your picture of all of them plus one is so sweet. You are so adventureous Miss Amy.

Em said...

I spy an extra child! Thats ok, Grace was misidentified as a neighbor child by Shawn. She is getting so big and that smile is killer. :) I like tickle-bump road myself.

Kristen said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for taking the stow-away! He looks so happy and that makes me happy. You are awesome.

Kati said...

Next time you go on an adventure...we wanna come!

You are the best mom ever. Seriously.

Ging said...

You did it! You always go on an adventure. I need to get out of work mode more often. Sorry about the black and blue Banshee though

crush said...

See, Aim. This is what I'm talkin about. Amazing mom. Great example. XOXO

Kelly said...

That looks like so much fun. You can adopt me whenever your ready, I'll be waiting.