Chloe loves to invite friends over, but she always needs "a plan".
She doesn't want to sit around and ask "What should we do".
So she recently had Hunter over for a late over (our answer to sleep overs).
I was busy cleaning up dinner when I was invited to come upstairs.
Hmmm?
I heard soft music coming from my room and suddenly realized I hadn't asked the boys to quit wrestling for at least 20 minutes.
When I got to my room this is what met me.
Our bedroom had been turned into the "When You Just Have to Get Away Spa".
Lucky me!
The girls had soft lighting, sheer drapes hung from the ceiling to divide my room into sections, aromatherapy, and soft piano music playing. They handed me my p.j.'s, robe, and slippers and told me to get changed and be prepared to get pampered.
First was a foot soak followed by a scrub.
I even had some little snacks to eat while they scrubbed my feet.
Next was onto my hands at the next station.
Here they massaged my hands and wrists and I nearly fell asleep.
This was one of my favorite parts.
They had guards to guard the door to the spa. They allowed no one in.
Even crying 2 year olds.
Here's that same guard taking his job very seriously through the sheer curtain.
After my hands they rubbed my feet.
I could've just snuggled right up in my bed after that, but alas guards and crying 2 year olds needed to be put to bed. It was a fantastic treat from two very creative 12 year olds.
9 comments:
Does the spa travel I ask??? What a great mothers night. Such a thoughtful gesture for what they could do with their fun night. Lucky indeed.
Send that girl on down this way! How creative they are (and lucky you are!).
You have remarkable children. And just as remarkable to me is that you have the insight to realize that there is a time to just step away from what you are doing and fully immerse yourself in what they had planned for you. To gracefully accept a favor is just as important as offering one, in my book.
I love the nail lamp. That is so cute
I love this. Your kids are so cute! My favorite was that guard with the shield. Do spas normally have those??
Wow. I might borrow Chloe for "Late overs!" What a sweet idea. So cute.
This is amazing! Cloe is such a doll. All of your kids are so creative and fun. Takes after their mom!
how about a sleep over ant em. can i bring hunter? :)
Ok. So, I can't believe they dared to do this with your white, long, frozen chicken-like feet!!! ;o) I couldn't not say that after our conversation last week!! What GREAT kids!! And I agree with JP-- about you accepting and immersing yourself. You are a great mom and a wonderful woman. A woman I look up to!! XOXO
Post a Comment