3.24.2011

The Sunday Flow

'Twas another Sabbath Day full of creativity.

A few things about the day were different and special.
We had Stake Conference.
Elder Ballard spoke.
We had Livy and Maddie with us.

This made for one fantastic Sunday.  Livy and Chloe got to go to an early morning meeting for the youth with Elder Ballard as a speaker. All 8 of us squished on a tiny bench for the meeting, but it was a soft bench. Scott brought his own chair :) For 2 hours with 7 kids we did alright. It was an inspiring, uplifting meeting. After the meetings we had lunch and the kids set about quietly concocting plans.

When I found Aidan moping around I asked what was wrong.
"No one will buy anything from my papershop."
I gathered some change and bought 2 hats, one boat, and one airplane. 

Then I noticed Chloe's room had become a beehive of activity.  I forced some answers out of Chloe convincing her that I had to know what kind of a mess I was in store for.  The girls had decided to have a drive-in movie night.  They gathered buckets, boxes, and bins and made them into cars complete with customized license plates.  They had a menu of snacks with prices.  Milk, chocolate milk, licorice, cookies, cheese, bread, popcorn,hot cocoa.  They set up in the family room, turned on Tail Spin and took orders during the previews.  Livy let Grace take over her car until the treats were gone.  The creativity oozes out on Sundays. Oh if everyday were Sunday.

4 comments:

Ging said...

Glad you had a great day. At our house we come home from church and play "church". I can hear them singing hymns and bearing testimony sometimes it goes on for hours

Jen said...

I love days like these!

Anonymous said...

Wowza. Your kids are creative geniuses. I mean c'mon, a paper store?! Honestly. I envy.

Denise said...

Sundays are always a struggle for me. I mean I love the first half of the day but by 3 or 4 everyone is bored and getting on eachothers' nerves. Maybe a paper store and a drive-in movie would help ease the tension. Sounds like a blast at your house.