7.13.2012

California: Day 7 "Wrap Up"

Tuesday, May 8th
We started our last day eating breakfast at Mimi's Cafe. 
We love that place and their breakfast doesn't disappoint.


 Here's the gang headed in to soak up all the fun possible for one last time. 
 We spent our day at California Adventure. We passed by just as they opened the doors for a Disney Junior show. These are some of Grace's favorite shows so we all humored her. 
She loved it. Check out that mile wide smile. 
 We ran into this big furry guy in a back alley. 
It was a really slow day and it was fantastic. 
 Mom has a lot of love for all Disney characters. 
Even is she's a bit unsure of their names. 
 This was my bumper car buddy. 
Lucky me. 
 Mom and Dad are such troopers to head to Disneyland with our big bunch.
It's not easy with 5 kids (mostly the 3 year old) and a wheelchair, but there are no complaints. 
 This picture has a back story that made us all laugh. 
Part way through the day Dad felt a lump under his shirt on his shoulder. 
He reached under and pulled out this sock. 
Turns out that morning I had interrupted him while he was putting on his socks. 
He quickly took the one sock he hadn't put on and flung it over his shoulder. 
Then he went ahead and continued getting ready, but never found that missing sock and got a new one out. Ha!! Oh Dad. 
 We all rode the ferris wheel together. Grandma waited below and waved. 
 For the first time ever I indulged the children with the beastly turkey legs of California Adventure. 

 And Mom spoiled us with some of the best ice cream I've ever eaten. Really.
So creamy and delicious. Then Dad and Mom headed back with Grace.

 The rest of us ran around like crazy fitting in every ride we'd missed or loved.
The lines were nearly  non-existent so sometimes they'd let us just stay on the ride.
I tried to be brave and rode the rides I just don't ride. 
We hit Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.


This trip is a tiring one I must admit, but we had so much fun.

1 comment:

crush said...

Aim!!!! What great pictures of your trip! I like how you broke it up into days. That way, it's easier to break down and write about! I'm so glad you guys can go and I'm so glad your parents go with you! They are wonderful parents! I love the pic of your mom and Sulley and your dad and his sock! Great, great people you guys are! LOVE YOU!!