7.13.2012

Y Hike


We've never hiked the Y. I know, it's something everyone whose lived in Utah County should do. So we made a plan with our friends the Johnstons and set out during our Spring Break on April 10th.

This was the view from the parking lot.
Some of the kids were very eager hikers. We saw them at the beginning of the trail and that was it. 
They raced up that steep trail like it was nothing. 
Julie and I brought up the rear. Here we are taking a promised rest at a switchback.
If there was a shortcut to be had these boys were going to find it.  I think it took as long as the regular route, but they felt like they'd shaved some time off. 


Julie was trying to keep track of our speed racers. 
Aidan and I were the last ones to reach the summit.
He was so proud (ie. relieved) to be done. 
Jonah was our littlest Y hiker and he did excellent. 


Here's our view from the top. That's Cole and Will sitting on the Y taking in the sights. 
Afterwards we hit the BYU Creamery for some delicious giant ice cream cones, and we even got caught up in the Bean Museum.  I'm so grateful to have such fantastic neighbors and friends. 

2 comments:

crush said...

That hike is not an easy one, but so rewarding when you get to the top! Way to go!!

Jen said...

Awesome! I've even hiked the "Y"! It's true! Good work Aim!