Today was Chloe and Asher's first day back to school. Aidan doesn't start until next week. Chloe is in 4th grade and Asher is in 3rd. I love the first day back to school. The kids wake up early (Chloe was up @ 6:30) simply because they can't contain their excitement. Their outfits have been laid out since the night before, the backpacks are packed and ready to go. I made buttermilk pancakes and fried eggs, I take their pictures, and I walk them to school. They were both so excited.
So after they headed out we took Cole and Aidan to my friend Charlene's to play while Scott and I went to my Dr.'s appt. and to my ultrasound appointment (no pressure). I was actually nervous for the ultrasound. Strange I know. Well, the tech got to work and asked if we wanted to know what we were having. We said yes, and then she pointed out that it was a...........GIRL! GIRL! GIRL! GIRL! I was shocked. I asked her if she was sure about a hundred times Scott said. Of course I cried and clapped and she thought I was nuts and Scott was counting the cash in his wallet (ha! ha!). I was just overjoyed. Chloe will have a sister. As odd as this may sound to some, I grew up with 6 sisters, and they are my best friends. I cannot imagine life without them. So when we had Chloe and then 3 boys I started to think she wouldn't have even one sister. It really bothered me. I guess people have a tendency to believe their kids need to be raised similarly to the way they were raised for happiness. I knew she would be happy even without a sister, but knowing that connection she could have I didn't want her to miss out on that. ANYWAY, I am so thrilled. I called family and tried to contain my excitement somewhat. There was a lot of yelling. We told the kids at home and Chloe was jumping up and down, Asher and Aidan were excited too.
So after my ultrasound we were able to meet up with our friends Calvin and Kristen in the newborn ICU and see their sweet 3lb. 3 week old baby Greydon. He was born at 29 weeks and he is a trooper. He was beautiful and life-affirming. It would be difficult not to see the hand of God when you look at those sweet babies. I just wanted to cuddle him up, but of course I couldn't. I can only imagine how that tugs at a new parent's heartstrings.
So here's to babies and the joy they bring!
11 comments:
Congrats on the girl news! That is exciting to even out the boy power!
Yahoo! I'm so exicted and I just knew you were going to get that girl! I'm so glad that Chloe gets a sister too! Can't imagine life without sisters either. I'm so glad that Paige and Anna have each other! What would life be like without a sister! Here's to sisters - OH and Brothers! Love you Johnny Boy!
Oh I am so excited!!!! I just knew it was a girl. Congratulations. I just freaked out when I read it and Seth couldn't figure out why I was cheering in the middle of some French guy's gymnastics routine.
Whoooo!!!! So happy for you! Go girl power. My dad did mention that he saw you at the hospital. Congratulation!
The puking was so worth it, right?! Maybe not for you, but we are so excited for you. Let's go shopping!
We're so excited that you get the girl you were hoping for! It was great to see you right after you found out, it was like watching a kid at Christmas.. very fun.
Congrats!
wooohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A million times over. I still feel like jumping up and down, screaming when I think about it. I am so happy for you and your family!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
i would like to leave a congratulatory comment but the longer in here. i feel like my beard is thinning....uh....gotta go!
YEAH!! I bet you are thrilled! I'm so excited for you!
HEY, YOU MADE ME CRYING WHEN YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT WHEN YOU FOUND OUT YOUR HAVING A GIRL. GOSH! I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU! THANKS SO MUCH FOR STOPPING ME ON THE STREET AND TELLING ME YOUR BEST NEWS! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Congratulations Amy!!! That's so exciting! Little girls are sweet!
I was going to add your blog link on my page. I wanted to make sure it was ok. If not, I can always go to Katie's blog and view your blog that way.
Post a Comment