8.26.2008

McDonald's reinvented

Have you been to McDonald's lately? 

I mean have you gone in a McDonald's for a meal and sat down and all that stuff?  I did today, and boy did I get a shock.  I took Aidan and Cole in for a Happy Meal after they behaved well for some errands.  We don't usually go in McDonald's, especially one without a playground.  This McDonald's is new, and it's only 5 miles from home so that's a bonus.  Anyhow, I walked in and ordered.  When I approached the counter the lady said, in a sweet little voice, "What can I make for you today?"  Hmmm?  That's nice.  I ordered the happy meals, and she took my name to call me when it was ready.  Next we went to find a seat.  This was shocker number 2.  They had those high tables with tall barstools, a couple of leather club chairs with a coffee table in between them, and even a stone fireplace.  We picked the high barstools.  After my name was called I filled out drinks and went to get ketchup.  You just pulled the nob and the ketchup came pouring out.  No need to exercise your biceps pumping the ketchup out.  After our meal I threw our garbage away and the garbage said, "Thank you", and then it held the flap open for me, then closed the flap, a red light came on, and the garbage compacted the trash!  

I worked at McDonald's for a short time in High School.  This was not the McDonald's of my youth, it was much  more enjoyable.  Maybe because I wasn't behind the counter sweating, walking in grease, and cleaning the urinals before I could go home.  The atmosphere was nice, but I have to say, the food tasted the same.  

3 comments:

Kelly said...

If you would like a flashback just head over to the McD's in Lehi. It's just you ritzy people in Saratoga that get the nice McDonald's. Oh you lucky one. I may have to come see the talking garbage can, who would have thought.

JP Anderson said...

I remember when they redid the one in Farr West. I don't remember a talking garbage can but it did have the fancy bar stools, a modern decor, leather waiting seats and two big plasma tv's. The food does still taste the same, which has always been delicious in my opinion, but I don't eat there but maybe once every three months. I makes my stomach go, "what the heck did you just eat!?" And then I say, "should have had a tuna sandwitch instead."

Em said...

talking garbage can!? woah. well here in buckhead (the area of atlanta we live in) apparently there is something better than McDonalds and wayyyy more prevalent. its called Chick Filet. what the hay? they are everywhere.

oh, and the nicest place we ate on the road was at one of those 'ritzy' mc's. it was pretty nice. too bad the burgers are still room temperature