Me: Well, Aidan I don't want you to turn six until March because I don't want you to grow up too fast. Before you know it you'll go on a mission, and to college, and find a wife and have your own house.
(long pause, concerned look on Aidan's face noticed in rearview mirror)
Aidan: I don't want to be six ever then.
Mom: Oh, Aidan, it's okay to grow up. Are you just worried about moving away from you're family?
Aidan: Yeah.
Mom: Well, when you're 19, you'll be brave enough to move away from our house.
Aidan: Mom, please tell the Prophet I'll go on a mission when I'm 30.
I have to admit this conversation made my heart happy. (I'm reminding myself of my Mother right now). Of course I want him to never want to leave our home, but alas, I am sure he will be begging to get out when he is a teenager. I guess I"d better really enjoy this time when he thinks we are all that.
9 comments:
I love it. Let me know what the Prophet says when you talk to him.
you go mom
I get it, believe me I really get it. If the prophet changes the age for missionaries would you please advise immediately-
just tie that apron string tighter around his neck, I'm sure he wont notice....
Love it! Aim , I read this to Jared and he said "Just shove him back up in the womb Amy"! LOL!!!!
haha! Nice comment Jen (or rather Jared)! Oh that is SO your mother. I guess really its like any mother right? Too cute
This is the work of good parents and in 10 years when he changes his tune you will still be good parents.
Those are the moments that you know you are doing something right and those primary teachers are not to bad them selves. I love it when Ethan sings Mother Dear I Love You So, in spanish, just wanna cry.
There's nothing like being a kid. When I think back to my childhood I believe how fast it just flew by. He'll change his mind about sticking around. I once uttered similar words to our mother.
Post a Comment