So, Scotty and I are on Spring Break in St.George. We've had a lot of fun and even more laughs. So I had to share something that made us both laugh. We were just chatting and I remembered something from High School.
When I was a Senior in High School I remember going to the movies, or out to eat or whatnot and I would see that you could get a "Senior Discount". I honestly thought that meant High School Seniors got a discount. I remember thinking how cool it was to be a senior and to have people recognize that. Isn't that funny? I can't believe I thought that. Scott asked if I ever called anybody on not giving me the discount. I told him I was too shy.
Another little known "Amy-ism"--if I have a sock or shoe on only one foot it is very difficult for me to go down the stairs. I really have to concentrate so I don't trip. I have actually tripped down a few stairs once or twice because of this odd phenomenon.
And lastly, I always flush public toilets with my foot and use my paper towel to open the bathroom door. (I'm sure I'm one of many who do this...right?)
Pictures of beautiful Zion's National Park to come soon.
Have a good one.
7 comments:
You are not alone. I do the foot flushing as well. Happy Spring Break!
YAY!
I hope you had much fun, and I'm glad you had time to chat and reminisce!
I too foot flush and paper-towel my doors. Orrr. if i think my shoes are dirty, I elbow flush.
I also hold my breath and face the stall door right when i flush ( one time one of those powerful flushes splashed me and i've never recovered).
foot!
Most of the toilets on campus flush automatically but those that don't get the foot. You women probably have never even thought of the difficulty of flushing a urinal. It really a karate technique and very dangerous if the floor is wet or you haven't stretched.
Em, I use to elbow flush, urinals mostly, but then realized that I don't wash my elbows except in the shower. I guess I don't eat or wipe my nose with my elbows either though.
Interesting microbiology fact: there is much more bacteria on the door and sink handle than the toilet. The door handle doesn't get cleaned usually and the sink handle is more likely to be warm from the warm water. Bacteria won't survive on the cold dry service of a toilet handle, not to mention the the constant disinfecting. As for your butt, it would have to have an open wound to get infected by a toilet seat. You could get sick by kissing someone's butt however. That's enough from me.
Always the foot but never the paper towel with the door handle. i figure by the time ive washed and dryed my immune system can take on the rest. I have kissed many a bare baby butt in my time and am not too proud to say I loved it. We went to Zions 2 years ago for our anniversary one of my favorite spots. The stars are magnificent. enjoy!
1 more for foot flushing and paper towel-door-opening.
Hope you're having fun!
Didn't I see you just drive by today?
So fun that you got to get away together. What a beautiful place...I want to go!
There's no way I'm touching anything I don't have to in a public bathroom...I'm with you.
Post a Comment