Grace is 6 months old today.
Here are her stats:
Weight 15.08 lbs. 32nd percentile
Height 27.5 inches 96th percentile
Head 17" 72nd percentile
So it seems that despite my best efforts, she is growing up.
Here is my conversation with her pediatrician (whom I adore).
Dr.K: Wow, she is growing up.
Amy: Is she?
Dr.K: She sure drools a lot.
Amy: I know.
Dr.K: Is she getting teeth?
Amy: Oh no! (so sure of myself)
Dr.K: (feeling inside Grace's mouth) Oh yes she is. Right here on the bottom.
Amy: What!? Oh no!
Dr.K: Can she sit up at all?
Amy: Oh no. Not yet.
Dr.K: Set her up here for a second.
Amy: Okay. (Sitting Grace up on the table)
Grace sits like a pro without me holding her for a good 5 seconds.
Dr.K: I think you're trying to keep her from growing up.
Amy: LAY DOWN GRACE!!!
I wrote a heartfelt Thank you to the Dr. who delivered Grace today. I've been thinking about this for quite some time and figured it was time to thank him for his part in bringing Grace safely into this world. And of course I included a picture so he could see what a beauty she is.
Babies are magnificent. Especially your own.
8 comments:
yep..and among babies she is a legend...
that is so precious, same thing happened to me with Avery. I didn't know she had a tooth until my mom came to visit and stuck her finger in her mouth and told me. I felt so bad I didn't even know.I love your attitude!
This post means that my journal is exactly 6 months old, because I started writing it on the day Grace was born. The title of the entry was "From Small Things..." and I think you know the rest. Kinda ironic!
I agree babies are magnificent. I love your sweet baby, her eyes are just sooo captivating. Did you really say Lay down Grace? LOL! That is hilarious.
Aim you rock. She is the bees knees oh wait we used that one. it all happens way to fast for me. She is a lovely baby
That picture is so cute. I would like Jen's ability to sew for these baby girls but I think it might be easier and more realistic if you could get me to take good pictures.
Dang Gina!!
hah, the more you know. The doctor is going to have to remind you when you have to send this one to school. "But she's my BABY." You sound like mother.
Babies for life, Grace -*high five*
I agree. Maybe that's why Ellie still plays the role so well- we keep giving her the job. Adorable post
Post a Comment