I was feeling pretty stressed last week, wondering how I would get house work, yard work, picture editing, and pack for a family reunion in a matter of a few days. A few people mentioned perhaps Asher was old enough to mow the lawn. As a matter of fact, Asher had been asking me to show him how to mow the lawn for several days.
Perfect!
I took him out and gave him the safety drill,
"There is a blade under there- that's what is cutting the grass. Please don't chase siblings or animals with the mower like it's a vacuum."
He was so excited. We gassed it up, I showed him how to go in straight lines like he was vacuuming the front room and he was off.
Many of you reading this have actually mowed my lawn and so you understand it is pretty tough. I would come out to check on him occasionally, bring him some water, restart the mower if he stopped it, and he just kept at it. He mowed the entire lawn! I was able to edge the lawn and get some housework done. It was fantastic. I imagine this is what a new teenage driver is like. It is a new experience and so they love to run all your errands, but eventually they will become bored with it and it won't be as easy to get them to help out.
Ah well, I'll enjoy it while I can!
p.s. He's also one great bed maker!
6 comments:
That Asher...he's the man! He certainly seems to be named well, too!
"Asher is generally understood to come from the Hebrew word Osher meaning "happy" or "blessing".
way to go asher... i am proud of you. i am sure i couldn't have done the same when i was your age, what a stud!
I enjoyed that.
Asher is a superstar kid.
Just put some SPF on that one. :)
So it begins. Congratulations Asher. I yearned to mow the lawn for several years. I'm not sure at what age the parents finally let me loose but it was fairly early in life. For most boys there is something about running an engine. It's in our man blood. I love to walk behind, drive, and ride engines. I better get that bike down there so he can start eyeballing it.
That is a big job... good thing you have a little man who is so helpful. Send him over.
Oh it is so nice to have real help as they get older it is indispenseable. Heres to smashy for being devoted to a tough job.
Post a Comment