As the school year was drawing to a close I started worrying, and complaining.
I was just sure that having 5 kids home all summer would be chaos and, well, not so enjoyable.
I am here now to admit (Scott write this down) I was wrong.
There can still be some chaos here and there, but it has been nothing but enjoyable! We've tackled some big tasks together, gone to a family reunion, visited Tracy Aviary, the movies, had friends over for breakfast, played four square and kickball together, gone on bike rides and walks, passed off a ton of scouting and Activity Day achievements, stayed up late, planned our first ever piano recital (watch for your invitation!), played soccer, made each other laugh, made each other cry, and just plain enjoyed each other.
(Swimming, Smores, Smiling baby, Aidan w/his Dad's Father's Day gift "sugar balls", honeybee on Lamb's ear, Asher and the little lady, Cole with an ear injury fixed up by Aidan, Aidan rollerblading "real fast", Asher and the ladybug soap carving he made for Scott for Father's Day, Grace and her newest trick that makes us all smile- holding her toes).
5 comments:
How fun. I wish I had a fire pit for roasting marshmallows. We haven't been so eventful around here because the mom is dead around 1 or so. You are going to have to tell me the rules to four square. I loved that game, playing forever at the Clarks. We have had a Go Fish tournament.
Sounds fun- I THINK I better head to Walmart and buy a sip and slide. FAST
P.S. Please pass that baby.
holy cow such cool blogging.... i wish i was one of your kids!
indeed. I want to spend summer with you too. And that smile is to DIE for. Oh Gracie.
Post a Comment