10.19.2009

Good Morning Sunshine


Morning on the Street Where I Live


When I am up with or before the sun, with a song in my heart and a prayer on my lips, loading up the laundry, unloading the dishes, enjoying the quiet of my house before children wake, whipping up a hot breakfast, it makes the day better.

What morning ritual makes your day better?

8 comments:

Molly Thorne said...

RUNNING use to.

JP Anderson said...

Letting the dog out to potty and then reading in bed next to my sleeping wife.

Denise said...

Sleeping. Sleeping in as late as possible and ignoring the children's whinning for food. If I turn the fan on loud enough I can barely make out who's begging for breakfast. It's pure bliss.

(we should have had a loud fan in college than maybe the banging of pots and pans wouldn't have forced us from our mid-morning slumbers)

Unknown said...

No burglar bananas and a job to go to that requires me to walk from the breakfast table to the den...:-)

This is a great post on finding joy in simple things - something you and your family are teaching me and many others all about.

Thank you.

Em said...

I'm w/Mol. A morning jog or walk with my pup is really nice. But now its too dark before I leave to do so. I do so enjoy an extra hour of sleep though. :)

And taking my breakfast on the balcony. That always is calming.

Ging said...

I have a split personality. I feel the most accomplished and at peace with myself when I am able to work-out for an hour and half before the kids even get up. Oh- but the joy of sleeping in with the faint sounds of Caleb getting his own cold cereal. So, it's a toss up- naughty Mom or dedicated Mom. All I know is I wish they could co-exist.

Anonymous said...

I always feel better when I wake up with the sun too! A good morning usually involves a nice night of sleep, and if I wake up, exercise, and then come home to a good breakfast, it's gonna be a good day.

Terri said...

I like waking people up to the smell o banana pancakes and the sound of daffy ducck or or Tom and Jerry in the back ground. And when all are full going back to bed for an hour.