10.05.2009

Will the real Grocery Guru please stand up...please stand up...please stand up.

I just thought of a way to cut my monthly grocery bill in half.



Okay, but really, after the initial distaste baby Zuri moved on to things we enjoyed watching her do like climb over a log, play with her ball, itch her leg with her other leg.  She was adorable, all 300+ pounds of her.  And if you were wondering, I know I was, baby elephants are just like human babies in that they put everything in their mouths.  So in goes poo.  However, this has benefits ( I know right!) the mama's poo has bacteria the baby needs and this is how she can get it.  Zoo staff was nearby and I got the 411 on the dung dinner.





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess I should've waited until AFTER lunch to read this post - suddenly, I'm fasting...

Terri said...

Grocery poo ru you mean. Aim seriously not all things need documented.

Ging said...

uh- okay. Thanks for the lesson.

Teri said...

Mmmm... the last time we were at the zoo the giraffe's were drinking each others urine!! Hope that didnt gross you out too much.

And by the way... I remember you making a post about how members days at the zoo were great and less crowded. I've been wanting to go on a members day since you wrote that, we got a flyer in the mail about the harvest festival for members only. Rich and I took the kids and we pulled up and there was no parking. Not a good sign, we parked a block away. Then we get in and there is a huge line to buy a $1.00 wrist band for the kids to play games. So we wait in this huge line and think it would be well worth then wait, then we enter the pavilion and there are huge lines to each little game!!! There were about 15 games and a craft, we waited in line for two games and did one craft. Rich kept saying under his breath... "Amy said members days were less busy!". Hope you know I'm giving you a hard time :) The thing is the kids still had fun even though it was crazy busy that day! We'll have to try again on another members day :)

Em said...

Coprophagia is really discouraged in dogs. It makes for stinky mouth.(NOT a problem in our house thanks) but apparently pandas, koalas, rabbits, hamsters, gorillas, chimps, hippos (shall I go on?) all do to.

We really should expand our horizons.

Jen said...

that was aweful! Gross Aim!