Cole just came down from watching Bambi in my bedroom.
He climbs right up in my lap and holds my face with both his hands, as he does to make sure he has my full attention.
"What are you watching up there son?"
"Bambi. It's kind of a sad movie because Bambi's Mom gets killed by a human."
*pause
(My face shows some concern and sadness. He takes note of this and continues....)
"The human has a gun and shoots her. But, ACTUALLY, she's not really dead.
The bullet went right over her head and she ducked down then it hits this really brave guy.
But he was not really a human. He was just a robot!"
Big smile, as if to say "All better Mom. No one is dead. I've changed Walt's vision of 1942 so you don't need to worry about Deer Mommies being shot.
Thanks son. I'm feeling a lot better about it.
My Hero.

5 comments:
I want to live in his world.
That is a sweet story and a hilarious picture.
I like his version best. Perhaps we can take Walt out of cold storage and get that version approved and redone! Love that picture!
I think I will bring that one home and keep him.
Love his version MUCH better than the original.
That Dang Walt. He had mom issues. I swear.
Much better. No more orphans or one-parent relationships in at least ONE Disney movie. Just broken robots. Genius child of yours.
Post a Comment