10.21.2008

Fall Break Fun Part I


We were really undecided on what to do for the kids and Scott's Fall Break.  All I knew was that I wanted to spend some time enjoying the mountains and being outside.  So on Thursday afternoon we headed up to the Alpine Loop to Mutual Dell campground. 

 Ging met us there with Cal and Ellie.  We had a nice campfire and enjoyed hotdogs and smores.  Some were more done than others.  




Chloe was an expert marshmallow roaster, she also had the idea to try out roasted Funyuns.  Not bad I have to say, but then I am a lover of Funyuns. 






The kids hiked around and generally enjoyed nature while we all sat by the campfire talking and enjoying the smells and sounds of the mountains.  



One of many things I love about "camping" or being in the mountains is that you just plan on your kids getting dirty and smelling like smoke.  That gives them the freedom to play without restrictions and you the freedom to just relax. What a fantastic and cheap (no entrance charge when going to Mutual Dell) activity for a family. 

2 comments:

Denise said...

Looks like loads of fun and all but wouldn't fall break in AZ have been oh so much fun??? You look beautiful my friend.

Ging said...

Great blog. I enjoy the way you tell a story- you got the gift. By the way- how far along am I in that last picture?