On Wednesday I took the kids out of school early and my Mom and I drove a rented van to Salt Lake and picked up Scott and headed up to Deer Valley. Scott's sister, Karen, was at a Conference for work and they had booked her into a gorgeous Stein Erikson Lodge suite. She talked us into coming up and enjoying it, as she would be at meetings all day and most of the night. The drive was lovely and the lodge was amazing. It's tucked away up on the mountain, and all the quakies were like shimmering gold! (no I didn't bring my camera, sorry). Her suite had it's own hot tub and the kids made good use of it. We also wandered down to the heated pool for awhile. We were the only ones there. Then we made some soup, lit the fireplace and relaxed while the kids enjoyed the hot tub again and then the HUGE jetted tub. It was a lot of fun and very relaxing.
On Friday our van was finally finished getting an electric lift installed for Scott's power wheelchair. We were very excited. I was a little nervous after I picked up Scott, loaded up his very pricey power chair and secured it and headed onto the interstate. I kept watching it bounce as I'd go over bumps, and I tried not to freak out. Scott's very excited to have this lift and the freedom it will give him. The first thing he mentioned was that when we go in to have this baby, (which has always happened in the middle of the night) I should just head in to the hospital and he will unload his power chair himself and bring himself in. It made me laugh and think how sweet that the first thing he thought of was that he wouldn't burden me when we went to the hospital.
Can you believe the snow? I knew it was serious when Aidan ran in our room and looked out the window, gasped, and ran out yelling "Asher, you've gotta see this."
So, I've been having a pregnancy debate. I've never really embraced taking pictures of myself when I'm pregnant. I maybe have 4 or 5 from all my pregnancies combined. I just don't feel like I really want my picture taken. Well, this is the last baby for us, and I think I'll wonder what I looked like pregnant. I got brave with Cole and actually had planned to have a body cast done by my little sis, but we didn't get enough plaster before he arrived. How about all you women out there? Do you (did you/ will you) embrace your pregnant self? I find more often I complain about being huge or how I look than really enjoying what my body is capable of doing. It really is a miracle that we were given the ability to carry another life and help it grow. I may actually call a friend a have her take a few shots, we'll see. I did get a couple of kind comments today about what a "cute pregnant lady" I am. It made me laugh as I remembered myself tucked away in my closet on Saturday night trying on every dress, skirt I owned looking for one that would zip up, or hang right, etc. I finally settled on that black dress I've worn to death. (you all know what I'm talking about). I just really don't want to invest in "pregnant clothes" with just under 3 months to go. I prefer to find things that work when I'm pregnant, but that I could also enjoy when I'm not pregnant. Only problem I've found with that theory is that by the time I'm done being pregnant I don't want to look at those clothes, let alone wear them! I really am looking forward to welcoming this sweet baby into our family, but I'm trying to enjoy/make the most out of this time until she's here.
So here's something for all blog watchers to look forward to-
1. kids Halloween pics
2.perhaps some lovely pregnancy pics of me!
6 comments:
Well I was beginning to wonder if everything was alright. You usually update your blog more frequently but you said a mouthful here. Mom told us all about the lodge, three times. I'm glad Scott's wheelchair situation is better now. Can't wait for the pics.
Oh good I can't wait to see the new pics and I can't wait to see what the kiddos are going to be for Halloween. Jared has tomorrow off and I am going to be sewing all day to get my girls mermaid costumes made! YIKES! I always wait till the last minute and it never serves me well! They want me to be a mermaid too but I've never seen a chubby mermaid so I don't think so girls! HEE HEE!!!
On another note I'm pretty sure this was my last baby and as I was getting near the end of it I was just thinking about all the things that I will actually miss - feeling the little kicks and pokes of the baby, having my kids lay their head on my stomach to try to hear the baby or hoping to get a kick, having my hubby put his hand on my stomach almost every night to wait for a little movement and then when he does get one he would always say, "Hi guy" ! Anyways, even though there are tons of things I won't miss their are so many I will! Good grief I could have made this my own blog! Sorry!
Yes....I think you should get some pictures of yourself pregnant...said the wanna be photographer hoping I am "the friend" you were going to call.
If I'm not...well, then, don't I look stupid?
You are indeed such a cute pregnant lady. I think you should wait till you are a little bigger though. Just my opinion...most likely NOT what you wanted to hear. BUT....you are still pretty little despite what you think! Maybe just another 4 weeks. I don't like when they are done right at the end of the pregnancy, but right around 7 months I think is perfect.
I have always felt the same way about taking pregnant pictures, but then I'm sad when I don't. I've been taking one every 4 weeks so I can remember this one. I think a belly cast would be so fun, but really what do you do with it? I guess I could hang it on my living room wall! ha,ha.
You are a cute pregnant lady and should be thankful that you can wear normal clothes when you are pregnant. I hate you for it, but love you for other things, so it balances out.
I'm glad you got away for the weekend. It sounded wonderful! Also glad about Scotty's chair! Maybe you should try calling us when you go into labor and we can drive you right up to the front door and maybe help you into the hospital!! Although, with Scott's new wheels maybe you could just hitch a ride in with him.
TAKE PICTURES!!! I wish I had done more than one. I kept thinking I would when I got more pregnant looking and not just a little tubby in the middle, and then he came early! And I don't have pictures to show him someday. (BTW you are only 4 days away from where I was when I had Greydon. ) I so wish I could go back, suck it up, and get a few great pics. besides, you are a super cute pregnant lady. Want Calvin to do it?
Woah. a lift for his chair!? Nice Scotty! I can't believe you're already gettin ready to head back to that hospital again. Babies grow so fast. I'm sorry we never got that tummy cast done of you. I can imagine what a massive failure it could have been, but I should've plaster-hunted better than that. You should definitely take some prego pictures to remember your belly by. I bet you would do some pretty beautiful pictures!
I'm glad you all got to experience the Stein Erickson. That was most definitely the coolest hotel I've ever stayed in, even though the hot tub partially melted my spray on wedding tan. :)
Post a Comment