I was driving Scott to the bus stop when I heard the faint ding and the little engine picture lit up. crap.
What could this mean?
All I could think of was that engines are expensive.
I finally called our neighbor, whom we absolutely admire and are deeply indebted to, to take a look at it.
He came by today and hooked this cool little machine up to the car that would tell him why the engine light came on.
Here we go...
He read the little machine, slowly walked to my gas tank and flipped open the cover.
I had not screwed the gas cap on, it was just dangling there.
I grinned sheepishly.
"Could that really make the engine light come on!" I squealed.
"Yep" was the response.
I screwed it on and the light turned off.
Count your many blessings name them one by one, oh, and don't forget to screw on your gas cap!
in my defense:
The last time I got gas I had a 15 cents off per gallon coupon, thus my gas was around 1.70/gallon. Unheard of. I think I was so excited when I finished filling up that I simply forgot to screw the cap on. And I'm pregnant. There.
3 comments:
haha. I read that title and was really surprised you were going to finally blog about your gas pains. dang.
Thank you for keeping it to the car... really!! I was thinking this couldn't be a blog abut gasoline because it is so joyous to go and fill-up now. It was a pleasant surprise and I am really glad your cap is screwed on..............
LOL! I was sure this was about something else. You wouldn't out yourself like that! Go gas prices go!! Down, Down Down!!
Post a Comment