I took Scott to the bus stop yesterday morning, in a blizzard. It was difficult to see the road and it was slippery. When we arrived his power chair was covered with snow. I dusted it off the best I could and he loaded up. He wore a jacket and some gloves. I'd say he wasn't really prepared for the snow. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the luxury of sitting in his car until the bus pulls in and then running to the stop. So he unloaded and waited at the curb as the big flakes covered his glasses. I was really feeling bad and hesitated leaving the park and ride.
Then I noticed a lady with a large umbrella approaching Scott and sharing her umbrella. I pulled up to him and noticed it was our sweet neighbor Cindy. She and her husband ride that bus in the morning. I was so grateful for her kindness.
It snowed all day on campus and Scott was soaked. He had his bed warmer on all night, but failed to warm up.
Today, he wore his winter coat.
5 comments:
AwE!! That just made me cry!
That was sweet of her. Way to wise up too Scottie!
That's a sweet story!
I just made my blog private, if you want to send me your email address I'll send you a invite. My email is: tlstowe3590@gmail.com
Your kids Halloween costumes are great by the way!
maybe ski pants? Ooooh we can get him a blanket to put on his lap! The idea makes me crack up, I want to see Scotty's face when you suggest he start tooling around with an afghan on his lap! We can make a special rain poncho that cover Scotty and the entire chair?
It's great when people rise to the occasion.
Great story
Oh thats so nice. I love the comment before me, totally afghan that man up!! haha. I'd say he'd benefit the most from some waterproof pants so he's not sitting in a wet seat all day, that would be miserable!
Sorry about your snow tooo, sounds yucky.
Post a Comment