2.25.2008

Earthquakes, Floods,....





I was one of the few ( I believe) that felt the earthquake the other day that shook Wells, Nevada.  It gently rocked me in my bed, but my head went, "what...was...that."  I waited for a moment then hopped out of bed and went merrily on my way.  Well, today we have flooding.  Because of all the snow and moisture we've had the field behind my house soaked up all it could hold, and with this warmer weather it sent it, naturally, down hill.  I'm glad that means away from my house, but I'm sorry to say it means it sent it across Redwood Road into other homes.  I took pics with the kids today.  It's a bit crazy, and I'm thinking about making a layout for an ark:)

3 comments:

Em said...

holy moley. maybe your swimming training will finally have a practical use amy. :)

The wise Woman built her house upon the (hill). ?

Jen said...

YIKES! That is alot of water! Also, I'm glad you put that bookshelf up it just reminds me how much reading I DON'T DO! how much time has it taken you to read all those books? Do you think I'm getting dumber because I don't read?

Denise said...

I would post another comment about how awesome Arizona is but I'm sure its getting old and you are probably already wishing that you lived here so I'll leave it alone.

Thanks for the book list, I am in a rut and always looking for some good suggestions.