2.29.2008

Vaccinations a la Commando


Bless his little heart.
Aidan needed his Kindergarten shots and had an appointment yesterday.
He grinned with pride as they weighed and measured him.
He was in the 75% for height and weight, so that's good.
She checked his eyes- he can see.
She checked his ears- looked good.
She checked his mouth- HUGE tonsils and a narrow pallet (thumb sucker).
He had a clean bill of health and then she said, "You'll be brave for your shots won't you?"
YIKES!
You see he had blood drawn a few months ago and it scared him quite a bit.
So he cried and begged to go home.
It was so sad.
The nurse arrived with 3 shots.
He got up on the table and I had to pull down his pants to get to the top of his thigh.
I accidentally pulled down his underwear.
Or so I thought.
He had no underwear on.
Captain Commando!
Oh man, I was so embarassed, for me, for him, and for the nurse.
We got it all done and after an ice cream and a warm bath at home he proved how well he was doing by showing me how fast he could run.
Love that kid.

1 comment:

JP Anderson said...

He sounds independent. He probably just like wanted to feel the nice weather.