2.14.2008

True Story!

Last night about 6ish Mom starts calling me to see if Scotty's home.  I say no, he left at 4:30, but he'll be here.  She continues to call and see if he's home.  I became a bit frustrated.  You see, we really didn't have any extra snow on the driveway, sure the wind blew like crazy, but other than that it looked good to me.  I hadn't been out in the car though.  Well, then I made some calls to finish up the ward bulletin for Sunday.  I called the neighbor guy who told me it took him hours to get home from Orem, there were accidents everywhere and they were setting up sleeping arrangements at many churches.  Huh?  So I turned on the news.  Sure enough, as I'm sure most of you know, there was a huge storm and high winds that caused major accidents and road closures.  Well, the roads that were closed happened to be the road out to Eagle Mtn. and the road to my house.  Well about that time Binh (Scotty' Mom) calls and asks for Scott. Chloe tells her that he is stuck because the road to Eagle Mountain is closed.  She translated that to him being stuck on a ledge of a mountain and perhaps freezing to death.  So we straighened that out and then Scotty calls me around 8:30 to ask if I"d bring them food (joking of course).  He said they were actually parked on the road.  He finally made it to Smith's (the one 5 miles from our house) around 10:00 pm and they waited in line to get some food.  Then it took another hour for them to get home as snow plows plowed the road and they opened it back up.  He left the U @ 3:30 and he got home last night @ 11:20 pm.  Now that's a COMMUTE!  He had some great stories of abandoned cars covered w/ snow, but no driver, people setting up tents in Smith's planning on spending the night and eating, people sitting in the dentist office @ 10:00 drinking water and wondering where they'll be staying, kids stuck on school buses, too many accidents and slide-offs to count, etc.  What an adventure.  So we fly out to Boise in the morning, thus my blog will be blank until Mondayish, but I'm sure I'll have some great stories to share!
Amy

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Have fun in Boise!!! Hope it doesn't snow there;)

JP Anderson said...

Sounds like lots of fun and adventure! Hope you guys have a good time in Boise. You deserve it!

Denise said...

This is exactly why I love arizona so much. If we could just get all of our friends to join us! I really think Phoenix would have been a better choice for a weekend trip!!! We'll keep our fingers crossed for the next little vacation.