2.28.2008

What?!

Me:  sitting @ the computer working on photo editing
Aidan & Cole: somewhere in the house playing (or so I thought)

Cole enters the office with hair like this:


Me:  Cole what happened?
Cole:  It's glue.
Me:  Glue?  You mean hair goo? (it smelled good)
Cole: I make a big mess.


OH well, at least Aidan had the presence of mind to take it from him eventually and hide the hair goo in Chloe's room.  

We had bookclub last night and discussed Someone Knows My Name, a book about one woman's journey from Africa as a little girl, to America as a slave on a slave ship, etc.  It spans 6 centuries and was an eye opening book to the horrors of racism and slavery and just mistreatment of each other.  It led to some great discussions on racism,  the bounty in America, the way Americans are perceived by other countries, the value of hard work, war, teaching children how the rest of the world lives, etc.  It was great. No new book yet, but she will be sending out an e-mail soon and I'm excited.  In the meantime I'm really enjoying Discourses of President Gordon B. Hinckley.  It's fun to read his talks and think about what I was doing in my life, where I was at.  Anyhow, have a great day, and enjoy AMERICAN IDOL.  OH wait... I need to get this off my chest.  I love David Archuleta.  (If your not an Idol fan (and I'm a newbie) then he is the 17 yr old from Utah currently on Idol).  He was so amazing on Tuesday night.  I absolutely adore him.  What a voice, and so humble and sweet.  I hope he wins this thing.  


6 comments:

Molly Thorne said...

Since I don't blog thanks for posting cute pics of my kids on your blog. His pore chapped lips. Hopefully that's what I notice first because I'm the mom. At this moment Bailey is doing a medical procedure on Elmo. She likes to listen to peoples "heart beep".

Molly Thorne said...

What did you say to make Jen so nauseous?

Em said...

dang those kids are cute.
speaking of tv watching. i am happy to announce that my downstairs neighbors (who Shawn has dubbed, the "tv people" have moved out. that tv was on from dawn till ..dawn. whether it be 3 am or 6 am, they were listening at strangely loud volumes in the room directly below our bed.

i bet they watched american idol too.

JP Anderson said...

This comment is for the apology blog to me. I forgive you. None of it was out of the meanness of you heart. It's just your raw brutality towards aggressive and threatening bald guys like me. As for the rest of the sisters, it was probably provoked, maybe even deserved, and not senseless like Amy's.
I don't watch American Idol but I do watch some of the highlight videos on You Tube. Jim, the other guy here in the office, makes sure I do.
ps I have updated my blog.

Jen said...

I love David Archuleta too! I just looooove him , what a cutie!

Dallmann's said...

Huge David Archuleta fan here. What a sweet humble young man. We are voting for him too. H