2.04.2008

I'm back

I'm back.

It's been a while since I've posted. Busy weekend.  Can you believe the snow?!! I love 

it. Yesterday as we were leaving church we passed this awesome green house with yellow 

windows. I said, "I want that house!"  Scott said "With what money?" I quickly responded 

"We'll sell the kids and buy that house!"  After a few moments of silence Aidan said (in a most 

sad voice) "I like you Mom, I don't want to be selled."  We all had a laugh at that one and I 

assured him I would never sell him.  This weekend was great what with Sophie Ray being born, 

Asher being baptized and President Hinckley's funeral I felt like we covered a little of 

everything.  Thanks to all family and friends who made it to the baptism and joined us 

afterwards for soup.  I love spending time with you all and it was wonderful, especially 

Terri's macaroons 

1 c. chopped pecans
2 2/3 c. flake coconut
4 T. flour
1/4 t. salt
2/3 c. sugar
Mix dry ingredients together.

Stir in 5 egg whites and 1 t. vanilla
Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets.  Bake @ 325 until browned on bottom.
Melt chocolate chips and dip top half of cooled cookie into chocolate.
enjoy!


5 comments:

Jen said...

Cute picture of you all! Congrats to Ashie boy. Way to survive the weekend Aim. I'm totally making those Macaroons! YUMMO -SMUMITE- TUMMO!!!

Anonymous said...

Your kids say alot of funny things. Makes me think that there is no doubt that whether we like it or not, we've all got a bit of our parents in us.

JP Anderson said...

Is Cole "skinning the cat"? I do remember when.

Kelly said...

mmmmmm. Those look yummy. Will you make me some??
It was great to see Asher get baptized. I like to go to your family things and see all your sisters, I miss mine.
It was nice seeing you this morning:)

Em said...

the baptism and after-soup party was lovely. of course.

and john wanted me to write and say i know what skinning the cat means. haha.